Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Coronavirus Lockdown, you all doing okay?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    It's a load of crap
    Lobo laying the smackdown on Bologna virus.

Mmmm. Now I'm thinking about Bologna and cheese sandwich! Probably sounds way better than it would actually taste. I had Spam for the first time in my post-teenage life and I about barfed. Had to go through some of that spare canned food that I had before "the world ended" earlier this year.

Personally I think there's going to be a huge correction regardless of who wins in November. I don't mind locking in gains now and riding a couple months with something stable until next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Personally I think there's going to be a huge correction regardless of who wins in November. I don't mind locking in gains now and riding a couple months with something stable until next year.
    What's that? Economy? Or just a change to they way everything happens?

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    What's that? Economy? Or just a change to they way everything happens?
    I mean a stock market correction specifically, since the market just seems way higher than it should be (and continues to rise) considering record unemployment and other issues. It's so detached from reality right now that it appears like a massive circle-jerk for risky profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I mean a stock market correction specifically, since the market just seems way higher than it should be (and continues to rise) considering record unemployment and other issues. It's so detached from reality right now that it appears like a massive circle-jerk for risky profits.
    Maybe. The stock market doesn't ever remain down. We also had a similar crash in 2009. There was around a 10% unemployment peak in 2009. Last month already fell back to 8.4% from its knee-jerk massive incentivized layoffs and furloughs earlier this year that never should have happened.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jobs-re...nt-2020-09-04/

It already seems like the recovery is happening more quickly but the long-term impact may not yet be immediately clear. I am starting to see that people want to spend money again. It's just taking time. Anecdotally, most of the people I know who were unemployed or furloughed are already back to work, but some industries are a bit behind.

Some layoffs were deferred as a result of the Payroll Protection Program.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 09-15-2020 at 01:41 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456