Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS5 / XBox Series X

I don't usually buy new systems until there are a bunch of good games in the bargain bin. I still have several unopened games for the PS4 that I haven't gotten to yet so I'm in no rush.

To me, it's all about the exclusives. I bought an Xbox One on launch day because there was a new Killer Instinct; I bought a PS4 later because of Uncharted. But I think I'm unlikely to buy an Xbox Series X/S this go around because I have a pretty decent gaming computer and a lot of the games that would otherwise be excusive will be available on PC. I could see myself with PC/PS5 this time, and I think that's a fine way to go... although I love consoles as a thing, so I wish it made sense for me to get a Series X. Microsoft wants you in their ecosystem more than they want you to have their console at the moment.

Price-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if one or both consoles came out at $599, and I also think that price is a mistake. Both companies want to maximize the price of their box so they get maximum profit; neither would ever drop price more than $100 compared to the competitor. Both boxes are going to be expensive -- that's why we haven't heard price talk yet, I think; it's a game of chicken. I'm expecting the PS5 with disc drive to come in at $499; without at $449 or $399. Xbox Series X will probably come in at the same $499 or maybe $50 less than Sony.

It's a really exciting time, regardless.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I'm thinking that XBox is going to lead early in this generation. Going to be a lot like 360 / PS3 for a while, at least as long as M$ can bring on some good exclusives and compete both on price and performance like they did two generations ago.

Last gen XBox One launch didn't go well. I don't even own one. PS4 Pro has been good for me. I love my 360 still. Son and I were playing it last week.

I also skipped the Xbox One as well. I think the only game I have for it is Rare Replay.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I also skipped the Xbox One as well. I think the only game I have for it is Rare Replay.
    Same. But I have Rare Replay *and* Sunset Overdrive. I would've bought Ori too if it was available in Canada.

I almost got an X1X for all the OG and 360 upscales (plus 4K video playback) but ultimately held out since I figured new consoles would have this. Whenever I decide to pick them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123