Hello,

I am writing this post in an attempt to get the Working Designs translations, of the four Sega CD titles they published, onto the U.S. version of the Sega Genesis Mini 2. If you have been keeping up with the news on this console, Popful Mail, published by Nihon Falcom in Japan was announced at launch for the Japanese console. Lunar: The Silver Star and Lunar: Eternal Blue, published by Game Arts in Japan, have recently also been added to the lineup for the Japanese console.

Now, while I understand the omissions of games like 'Majandojo' and 'Harimanada' from the US release - it would appear that Working Designs, or whoever owns the IP of Working Designs (in this case, I assume it is still Victor Ireland, unless I am mistaken) is actively preventing the re-publication of these exceedingly rare experiences in the U.S. It is at this point to Working Designs discredit that these games have not been put together into one complete package - and I used to believe that was maybe due to bad blood between Game Arts and Nihon Falcom, but now that does not appear to be the case.

The U.S. console was just announced, and more games have been revealed for the Japanese console than the U.S., but already no inclusion of Popful Mail is a huge red flag that Working Designs does not want to be a part of this project, and does not wish to see these games released in the future.

If I am mistaken, please let me know how.