Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 Physical Version UMD Updates

Class of Heroes 2 Physical Version UMD Updates

We finally got the manufactured sample UMDs for Class of Heroes 2:
    CoH2_UMD_1.0_sml.jpg

Good news: No bugs were found in Sony testing.

Bad news: Failed on a technical error with the product code embedding. We have to make a version 1.01 test disc before we can manufacture. Ugh - we know, awful. We're turning this around and getting the revised image to DADC so we can make the samples right away, but still, not fun news.

There's one bit we wanted to hold until you got the game, a little extra we did for fans who supported this, but in light of this news I'll share it in the next day or so to take some of the sting out of this last delay. I think you'll like it.

I'll use this thread for official updates, so I'm going to lock the other thread about UMD status.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We finally got the manufactured sample UMDs for Class of Heroes 2:
    CoH2_UMD_1.0_sml.jpg

Good news: No bugs were found in Sony testing.

Bad news: Failed on a technical error with the product code embedding. We have to make a version 1.01 test disc before we can manufacture. Ugh - we know, awful. We're turning this around and getting the revised image to DADC so we can make the samples right away, but still, not fun news.

There's one bit we wanted to hold until you got the game, a little extra we did for fans who supported this, but in light of this news I'll share it in the next day or so to take some of the sting out of this last delay. I think you'll like it.

I'll use this thread for official updates, so I'm going to lock the other thread about UMD status.
    I can't help but wonder how much that UMD would go up for on ebay :P in any case thanks for the updates, looking forward to the extra special surprise (cmon holo-cards)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I can't help but wonder how much that UMD would go up for on ebay :P in any case thanks for the updates, looking forward to the extra special surprise (cmon holo-cards)
    I don't think it's holo-cards as Vic had already pointed out in the past that this something has to do with the case itself (as in you won't need to open the case to see it).

With this news, what is the closest time frame the game will be shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim81DEE View Post
    With this news, what is the closest time frame the game will be shipped?
    Given that the manufacture of samples and re-QA 1.01 discs is up to 10 days, probably the end of the month. We'll post timeline info as we receive it. The good news is that the disc version passed QA for bugs, so the changes we made to fix the Alchemy Recipe bug and all the user submissions were successful. So, the 1.01 approval should be quick and painless once the sample discs are made.

yay good news overall!

How about Class of Heroes 3 and the PSOne Classics?

Quote Originally Posted by Shizukari View Post
    How about Class of Heroes 3 and the PSOne Classics?
    Class of Heroes 3 is already underway, but talking about anything related to it is not cool, IMO, until we deliver the last part of CoH2, namely the physical goods, the patched digital version, and the opening animation with the song in English. So, don't worry, CoH3's rough translation is already being worked on and the game is moving forward. We're still missing some stuff from Acquire for it, but it's all par for the course for this stage in a project and will get worked out.

And PSOne games for PSN I had talked about for after E3, are still waiting for the licenses to complete. When they do, they'll go up. Just taking longer than expected, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    I don't think it's holo-cards as Vic had already pointed out in the past that this something has to do with the case itself (as in you won't need to open the case to see it).
    Foil covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    Foil covers?
    Too expensive right now. We need more volume to get to that level. This is pretty cool, though. I'll get the update with the picture and the info tonight. I will say there are laser-etched serial numbers.

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast