Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 Physical Version UMD Updates

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    @The Gypsy: but that would mean they could technically sell off their QA copy before the game is even released, as that is typically the time they get those copies. So it seems a bit unlikely they could do whatever they want with them.

If I look at my own professional situation, I don't see myself taking home and selling off company property (and these games are Sony's, as Vic pointed out). I'm assuming Sony just throws those copies out in the dumpster, and this fellow is a diver. :-)
    Mmm, I don't know about that. I can see a situation where Sony allows employees to put in for a copy of a game they want and doles them out once the QA check is over. I don't KNOW that's the case, but I can't imagine them just throwing thousands of copies of game away a month (maybe tens of thousands in busy months).

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    They get to keep the copies (it's part of the deal), but I've never been clear on what, exactly, happens to them internally.
    I have been under the impression that these are often among the press samples that go out, in some cases.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    @The Gypsy: but that would mean they could technically sell off their QA copy before the game is even released, as that is typically the time they get those copies. So it seems a bit unlikely they could do whatever they want with them.

If I look at my own professional situation, I don't see myself taking home and selling off company property (and these games are Sony's, as Vic pointed out). I'm assuming Sony just throws those copies out in the dumpster, and this fellow is a diver. :-)
    I'd be surprised if Sony doesn't do most of the QA work with dev. machines or retail units with debug firmware, as it saves time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Mmm, I don't know about that. I can see a situation where Sony allows employees to put in for a copy of a game they want and doles them out once the QA check is over. I don't KNOW that's the case, but I can't imagine them just throwing thousands of copies of game away a month (maybe tens of thousands in busy months).
    Or that. :-)

I don't really get why they need thousands (or hundreds in the case of CoH2 iirc) of copies to do QA.

Or that. :-)

I don't really get why they need thousands (or hundreds in the case of CoH2 iirc) of copies to do QA.
    I think they also use them for press/publicity, and just want to have all games on hand if they want to emphasize a specific angle of the PlayStation brand with a press contact. Again, this is all totally guessing, because I've only heard bits and don't have any firsthand knowledge of exactly what happens with the games from each publisher.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374