Thread: Could GW pick up the US "Phantom Breaker" localization?

Could GW pick up the US "Phantom Breaker" localization?

Hey guys, sorry if I'm posting outside of a dedicated request thread. I was curious to see if Gaijinworks might have the ability to finish the Xbox 360 release of Phantom Breaker. 7sixty delayed the game so many times that it seems to be canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by MattsterRN View Post
    Hey guys, sorry if I'm posting outside of a dedicated request thread. I was curious to see if Gaijinworks might have the ability to finish the Xbox 360 release of Phantom Breaker. 7sixty delayed the game so many times that it seems to be canceled.
    We have the technical ability, but getting a publisher's license for XBOX360 is a long and complicated process (unduly so, which is why Sony's campaign to make publishing as easy as possible is really picking up speed and will give them the next-gen win). Microsoft is the problem in that scenario, and I don't see that changing in the near term, despite their public lip service. We've spent literally years with them trying to get an import store going on the platform, too, and have nothing to show for it.

It would be moot at this point to bring that game over anyways. 5pb the developers have already made a new updated version called Phantom Breaker: Extra which is set to come out next month in Japan on 360 and PS3. If there's any chance 7sixty is still going ahead with a localization still, it'll be that version (maybe even PS3 only)

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We have the technical ability, but getting a publisher's license for XBOX360 is a long and complicated process (unduly so, which is why Sony's campaign to make publishing as easy as possible is really picking up speed and will give them the next-gen win). Microsoft is the problem in that scenario, and I don't see that changing in the near term, despite their public lip service. We've spent literally years with them trying to get an import store going on the platform, too, and have nothing to show for it.
    Wow! I had no idea that Microsoft was causing such a big hang-up. That said, I can't say I'm surprised. MS doesn't seem to pride itself in consumer-friendliness, at least not until they realize their bottom line is at stake.