Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Magic Knight Rayearth and Sega

Quote Originally Posted by perrandy View Post
    o_0 interesting story and a little funny too
    Actually there was nothing funny about it. I suppose one could look back and laugh, but at the time I assume Victor was pulling what he felt was an innocent prank totally not expecting it to blow up and get out of control like it did. The crux of the fury was the assumption Victor made a promise to tell everyone how to get the scimitar in-game. There was also the assumption Victor would respond immediately like he was a permanent fixture on the old forum. It was interesting since the people most vocal about wanting to know quickly worked themselves up into an otaku death brigade over Victor not saying anything. Not only were they trying to turn board members against Victor and Working Designs, they were also attempting to hijack the forum to drive the answer out of him. It was stupid. And yet it was fascinating. I seem to remember some people getting banned because they sided with Hatless and his buddies and adding to the chaos. Then there was the usual gay internet fall-out over people getting banned: people picking sides, screaming " that's CENSORSHIP!!!!!" and the like.

the retaliatory page made starting off with quotes from historical figures known for lying and then having a quote from Victor. -THAT- was funny though.

It was the kind of thing that would make you give either side a side-long look and ask, "how old are you again?" at least one of the two would give you a guilty look with a sheepish grin.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    This isn't the fake photo you're talking about (there were quite a few), but one of my favorites was the one in the Magic section of the SEGA CD manual with Ghaleon participating in the Black Dragon battle. It made no sense at all, we had nothing in the accompanying text even acknowledging it, but people were going insane trying to make it happen. My favorite kind of mischief.
    the only one that I can recall is the one in Popful Mail where its a picture of the Nutscracker fight with two smaller Nutscracker mechs floating around him.
    I also seem to remember reading a site once claiming the joke picture in Vay was a picture of a shopkeep's inventory offering a leather teddy and the author thinking it was a joke and then linking to a picture of Michael Jackson saying that's what your character would look like if he wore that.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    one of my favorites was the one in the Magic section of the SEGA CD manual with Ghaleon participating in the Black Dragon battle. It made no sense at all, we had nothing in the accompanying text even acknowledging it, but people were going insane trying to make it happen. My favorite kind of mischief.
    Vic, this is amazing! I remember finding that screenshot and trying to see if there was some way to keep Ghaleon in your party or something ridiculous, even though I knew it would never square with Eternal Blue, which I played first. One whimsical hypothesis was that if Ghaleon was too weak to attack the White Dragon, he wouldn't go bad and thus would stick with you up till the Frontier and the Black Dragon battle, so I spent an hour having the far-too-weak enemies available at that point grind his impossibly high HP down to zero. No dice.

how would be your relation with sega if you decide to release phantasy star infinity on psp or yakuza black panther 1 and 2 ? magic knight is far behind in the past but sega has decided to stop localization on psp. why not pick up the business ?

Quote Originally Posted by sigfried View Post
    how would be your relation with sega if you decide to release phantasy star infinity on psp or yakuza black panther 1 and 2 ? magic knight is far behind in the past but sega has decided to stop localization on psp. why not pick up the business ?
    My relationship with SEGA is not bad, it's just been a long time since we've worked together, and many of the key staff have changed or are gone now. It's not impossible, just difficult to restart.

Having to tap the A button to keep swimming is kind of obnoxious.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Having to tap the A button to keep swimming is kind of obnoxious.
    When it requires a ton of taps it sure is.

Fortunately I keep a third party controller with a turbo function around. But yeah, really enjoying playing through the game. Just a minor annoyance really as it would be much easier to hold the button. Hoping to finish this before football really starts up.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234