Thread: Class of Heroes 2 - Talk it Up and Help Out

Class of Heroes 2 - Talk it Up and Help Out

Please reply here with what you plan on doing. If you don't plan on doing anything, think about changing your mind. This limited release comes with limited advertising and talk up, so everything will help.

As we all know, the PSP is a dying system and RPGs are not the best selling games anywhere. Luckily, Gaijinworks has brought us one of these gems that combine the two in CLASS OF HEROES 2. There are a TON of good unreleased RPGs for PSP, and to continue to see them trickle in, we as fans need to make a statement.

My plans are as follows:

1) Going to talk the game up on a couple of non-gaming boards where they might not have heard of it, a wrestling forum with a video games section and also a nascar forum, since these are other interests of mine. This won't be spammy, but rather just informed posts about how there is a small cause to keep the PSP alive and how the games are playable on the Vita. When the game comes out, I'll write a review and post.

2) I will preorder the physical edition as soon as the link becomes available

3) When the game is released, I plan to review it (a fair review) and post anywhere I can.

4) When the game is released, I might also buy an extra digital copy code if there are codes and offer it to someone who gave COH1 a fair, but poor (justified) review and give them the condition of writing a review for COH2 when they play it.

5) If Gaijinworks comes up with any icons, signature graphics, anything like that for the game I'll use them in my postings everywhere for a while

6) After I finish the game I am going to try to get my nephew (9) to play it. I hope there isn't too much inappropriate stuff in it. I know it was rated T, but I make my own determination on this one since I will play through it anyways. Hopefully we can bring life to a new generation of RPGers!

I might think of some more, or see if anyone here suggestions anything cool to help out.

I'm hoping that when presales go up, I will be able to convince some friends of mine at school who I know really love RPGs to give it a shot. The Anime art style alone is enough to get some attention from people in my Anime Club I'd think, so hopefully they'll be able to support this game as well.

Mostly, I wanna stay active in these forums. I haven't been active in any forums in a long time, but I hope by staying here and contributing what I can to discussion, maybe it'll help keep interest in Gaijinworks and their works alive somehow.

Save for pre-ordering the game I don't think I can do much aside from commenting about it in articles that are related to the game or perhaps on the Aksys forums. Where I'm from people hate FP RPGs so I can't really get anyone to buy it. When I get the game and play it, if I like it I'll recommend to future potential Vita owners when I talk about great games for the system.

I probably got well over 100 people to sign up during the survey, so I think I've done my part already

Aristides, maybe get a copy as a gift? I used to hate FP RPGs as well. I gave Unchained Blades a shot as the first one I've tried in like, 20 years, only because of the people involved and the PSP support I wanted to give. Guess what, I got into it pretty big and liked it a lot. Now I'm into Etrian Odyssey as well and I'm guessing Class of heroes, soon! COH2 seems like a good starter FP RPG to me.

fair enough.

Edit: wait, what survey?

The one that happened a few months ago where the goal was to get people to sign up for 2500 or more copies of CoH2 UMD in order to determine if a small print run was viable.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Aristides, maybe get a copy as a gift? I used to hate FP RPGs as well. I gave Unchained Blades a shot as the first one I've tried in like, 20 years, only because of the people involved and the PSP support I wanted to give. Guess what, I got into it pretty big and liked it a lot. Now I'm into Etrian Odyssey as well and I'm guessing Class of heroes, soon! COH2 seems like a good starter FP RPG to me.
    Not a bad idea, gotta find someone who'd actually want to play it though. My fiends with Vitas(everyone switched fast over here lol) would just have it as a dust collector no matter how much I tell them to play it. If I get ahold of someone who will really give it a shot I'll do it. (And yeah Etrain Odyssey and UB are pretty awesome, they can get you hooked really easily. I got into it when I played The Dark Spire and the original Ultima a few years ago. :P Retro but well done.)

I hate to sound like this, but there are some Youtube celebrities who could really help in promoting the game. For example, maybe that Total Biscuit guy could do a video on "WTF is....Class of Heroes 2?" or you could get somebody from Blistered Thumbs to take a look at the game. My mind is swirling with ideas. Even something like a Cracked article written by a random individual that is something like "The 7 best video games that you'll have to check out" or something that spotlights Class of Heroes II or "The 7 Most Deserved publishing teams in video game history" and it goes a little bit into WD/Gaijinworks. Beyond that there are web sites who have people who dedicate their time to doing features and columns on video games.

And if all of that fails, a bunch of simple web-cam reviews can help. Maybe a whole video on the untapped treasures of PSP RPGs.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.