Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy game request

Crazy game request

Ok, hear me out! What if gaijinworks and gamearts did a kickstarter for a proper lunar 3 (dragon song will never be canon)? If a sequel to a game that wasn't popular out here or well reviewed (I'm aware that class 2 is totally different) can get 100k in pledges, imagine if there was a global kickstarter with stretch goals to get the original team Alex on board!!! If it was for console I can bet that it would get funded. If a sequel to a game nobody really played on PC (divinity) can get nearly a million, I bet that lunar 3 would beat that many times over.

While this is pretty far-fetched, it does make me curious of a couple of things that Vic might be able to answer. 1. Did Lunar 3 ever make it out of the conceptual stage? If so, how far along was it in development? 2. Does anyone (probably XSeed if so) have any kind of deal regarding the rights to the Lunar series right now? I know XSeed published Silver Star Harmony, and before that Ubisoft did Legend (meh) and Dragon Song (barf). It'd be a shame if so, it needs to be back in the hands of Gaijinworks where it belongs for another Vic translation if the series continues.

Is it really far fetched? If it was pre funded and the fans backed it up? Weirder more obscure sequels have made nearly a million on kickstarter. Even though coh2 failed on kickstarter, that 100k in pledges for a really obscure game on the psp is really impressive.

Wasn't there an issue with the team that made it though? Maybe not the whole team but maybe the art studio? I feel like they tried to sue GameArts for something and failed, and were subsequently dissolved because of it. I could be wrong, but I feel like I remember hearing that is why there was never a PSP version of the 2nd game.

So see what price the team would require to get together. Heck "original character designer" and "anime cut scenes" can be stretch goals. Some kickstarters take global donations. It would get done and I'd be surprised if it took a week to hit their initial goal.

Well like I said, that might not be the whole story, it could be bigger than that. I'm not disagreeing with you that it would be awesome; nobody would, I just think at this point it would be extremely unlikely. I don't think Vic would possess the persuasion for devs to get together and create a new game, as much as I'd love it.

Can't hurt to hope though. I'd be content with a remake of Lunar 2 like they did with SSH!

It's very a complicated situation now. I don't think it's possible to deliver a LUNAR that fans would be satisfied with because the heart of the franchise, Studio Alex, was sued out of existence quite a while ago. It's one reason you see remakes and poor offshoots, but no real new content. I don't think a "true" LUNAR experience can be delivered without them. Sad, but true.

I knew it something like that, some sort of lawsuit, just a little far off with my version of the story :/

But wouldn't money talk? If money was raised preemptively couldn't the team be banded again? It seems crazy but would it be possible to regain the rights?

Somebody would have to start the Kickstarter, and even if it were funded there is no guarantee that they'd be interested. You'd basically have to convince GameArts AND Studio Alex to come to an agreement first, and I don't see that happening with a theoretical funding.

Not trying to pin you down, but I'm just giving reasons as to why it most likely wouldn't work out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast