Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crazy game request

I have no idea what a lunar game would cost. I guess it would depend on graphics. Divinity originally had a goal of 400k for diablo style graphics, but ff13 had a budget of 65 million. I would think lower.

The key with bringing a series back is to hire original team members so it flows better with the series. Grandia and dragon song played totally differently. Keep it 2d turned based and fans won't be alienated.

I used evil dead as an analogy as its a series that's been out of the limelight for 20 years and came back powerfully due to nostalgia. But check this out http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...and?ref=search. Pier solar was along the same nostalgic lines of a game that did 230k for an original genesis style rpg.

It's great to see ideas coming out. Hopefully the powers that be take a look and even make a phone call or 2. Could you imagine: pledge 10k and voice a towns person. Donate x amount and a line that you write will be incorporated into the game. It's endless. Call it lunar 3 and most would forget dragon song. I hope that this idea could blossom as the fans are here and want to give the project our money.

Quote Originally Posted by Muyguapogrant View Post
    I have no idea what a lunar game would cost. I guess it would depend on graphics. Divinity originally had a goal of 400k for diablo style graphics, but ff13 had a budget of 65 million. I would think lower.

The key with bringing a series back is to hire original team members so it flows better with the series. Grandia and dragon song played totally differently. Keep it 2d turned based and fans won't be alienated.

I used evil dead as an analogy as its a series that's been out of the limelight for 20 years and came back powerfully due to nostalgia. But check this out http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...and?ref=search. Pier solar was along the same nostalgic lines of a game that did 230k for an original genesis style rpg.

It's great to see ideas coming out. Hopefully the powers that be take a look and even make a phone call or 2. Could you imagine: pledge 10k and voice a towns person. Donate x amount and a line that you write will be incorporated into the game. It's endless. Call it lunar 3 and most would forget dragon song. I hope that this idea could blossom as the fans are here and want to give the project our money.
    It would be good to be economical, but no matter the price I will try my darnedest to bring the KS to everybody's attention. I would Email everybody, post on messageboards, and send messages to my friends. I am talking to a guy who was in love with Working Designs and couldn't believe that Gaijinworks took its place without him even knowing of it. Commitment is invaluable for us.

I agree with keeping the retro style on. Fans love tradition, and it would keep the KS threshold down. I had no problem with the remakes of Lunar in a time where manual camera control became more and more relevant to PS1 role playing games. From what I've read, Studio Alex tried to ask for something from Gamearts to make a fourth Lunar game, after the Sega Saturn remake of Walking School, and Gamearts said "no", because they blamed the ruination of the series on Studio Alex's handling of the remake, so Studio Alex tried suing them. Gamearts counter-sued and won in the courtroom. It's unfortunate that Gamearts didn't trust Studio Alex, but many years have passed since then and maybe Gamearts wouldn't mind dusting off a few former employees to work on a new Lunar game.

Yeah, I actually pledged 120 dollars to Pier Solar, and it even cited Lunar as an influence on its battle system, then again I am a gaming treasure hunter always curious even about games on antiquated systems. The amount of funding it received was indeed impressive, and it is so neat to be able to receive a Dreamcast RPG like it was 12 years ago. What I would give to see a Lunar III delivered to my door, after pledging to it, in a PS1 jewel case with a black book with red lace, that has cast interviews, a map of the world, and specific goodies related to the game world.

That is a very good idea. Like I said, fan participation will help steer the ship away from Dragonsong's problems as it is the fans who will have the loudest voices and the most amount of knowledge to determine what will work in a Lunar game or not. It will also help loosen up the big companies so they won't have to do all of the work. And hey, Gaijinworks can wait five years before they attempt something like this. I can wait, I am only in my 20s.

Funny thing is that I like crazy ideas. Talking to you, Muy, has indeed gotten me excited about the prospects of a new Lunar game and the strengthening of Gaijinworks on Kickstarter.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

What's funny is that initially it sounded crazy, but the more I think about it the crazier it would seem NOT to try it.

What's funny is that initially it sounded crazy, but the more I think about it the crazier it would seem NOT to try it.
    Absolutely! And I don't think that it would hurt anyone. I would even call, or Email or something to see if it can be possible. Kickstarter may fulfill many a PC gamer's fantasy, but people like me, who prefer consoles, hardly have their fantasies fulfilled on the PC dream machine. Perhaps all dreams may come true on Kickstarter. How can Shadowrun fans get what we Lunar fans cannot get? Darnit, I am thinking like you now. A new PS3 Lunar game, with hours of gameplay, professional voiceacting, anime cutscenes, and loads of humor would just be fantastically unreal. Way too unreal for your average Joe schmoe to even think about. It would be another step on the road to declare that all dreams can come true.

keeping the 2D would probably be best, i'd also love to see it like the PS1 versions of the games......maybe with a Beastman protagonist and another baby dragon (a blue or black dragon). So much potential.
    Last edited by Kou The Mad; 04-30-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kou The Mad View Post
    keeping the 2D would probably be best, i'd also love to see it like the PS1 versions of the games......maybe with a Beastman protagonist and another baby dragon (a blue or black dragon). So much potential.
    Maybe the baby dragon could look like a flying dog in the new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    Maybe the baby dragon could look like a flying dog in the new game.
    that may or may not piss some fans off. Not Sure it's worth the risk.

That's a little too never ending story.

That's a little too never ending story.
    Yeah, I don't think that it would really work either. What I would require is a sense of humor, and pop culture references that Working Designs has been known for, and I really liked the idea of Lunar Silver Star Story being a tale of friendship and attachment. A shiny sheen of sorts, and a version of the battle system would also be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that it would really work either. What I would require is a sense of humor, and pop culture references that Working Designs has been known for, and I really liked the idea of Lunar Silver Star Story being a tale of friendship and attachment. A shiny sheen of sorts, and a version of the battle system would also be good.
    indeed, been watching HCBailey's Silver Star Story Let's Play..........one of the best freaking translations ever due to the countless jokes, innuendos, and overall silliness. More Games Need these. We could all use some more gag dubs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast