Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crazy game request

Look at the sorry path of sonic the hedgehog. They're in a perpetual slump

OK, I did get something underwhelming and overwhelming at the same time. Interestingly enough, Gamearts did respond to my email. It was a very simple, and expected, response but at least that meant that I was able to get a response from them.

Here is the text of the email:

Dear Mr. ______,

Thank you very much for your inquiry and your continued support.

Unfortunately, we have no plan to release a new Lunar game at this time.

We appreciate your selecting our products, and we will continue trying
    to do our best to develop games that will bring you enjoyment and
    satisfaction.

Best regards,

Game Arts

So yeah, they have no plans to release a new Lunar game, as I figured. There, point blank, is the answer. I am not going to poke the hornet's nest, and to express a desire for a new Lunar game may just be an ignored email.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    OK, I did get something underwhelming and overwhelming at the same time. Interestingly enough, Gamearts did respond to my email. It was a very simple, and expected, response but at least that meant that I was able to get a response from them.

Here is the text of the email:

Dear Mr. ______,

Thank you very much for your inquiry and your continued support.

Unfortunately, we have no plan to release a new Lunar game at this time.

We appreciate your selecting our products, and we will continue trying
    to do our best to develop games that will bring you enjoyment and
    satisfaction.

Best regards,

Game Arts

So yeah, they have no plans to release a new Lunar game, as I figured. There, point blank, is the answer. I am not going to poke the hornet's nest, and to express a desire for a new Lunar game may just be an ignored email.
    of course, this means we could go another route.........Make a Large, organized fangroup and campaign for a year or more to get more made.

Vic, can you try to get the PS2 Classic Japan got on PSN recently Phantasy Star Collection released on the NA PSN
    the main four games are supposedly already in English but the Text Adventure Phantasy Star 2
    side stories and the game gear Phantasy Star games would need to be translated, there's always the fan translations you could get the rights to use

Well it was worth a shot. However remember if a company is working on something that hasn't been announced they won't announce it to a random person via email (but this case is highly unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by Kou The Mad View Post
    of course, this means we could go another route.........Make a Large, organized fangroup and campaign for a year or more to get more made.
    OK, I am not exactly a born leader. I know that the OPRA members came from the IGN forums in a reaction to a video from E3 2009. We'll need a web site, a name, and a FB page. We'll need events to crystallize the demand for the game and we'll need very reliable administrators. We Desire a New Breath of Fire has their own We Desire a New Breath of Fire days always on the first of each month where fans are asked to stimulate discussion on Capcom Unity, and send messages to Capcom's social media sites about loyalty towards the series. So far, only the big survey recently has shown some movement by Capcom's execs.

Localization campaigns are a lot easier to get fulfilled then requests for the revival of a cancelled game or the continuation of a series. It could be very fun though. I just wish I knew how to entice people to join the group. I am banned from IGN's forums, I believe, for soliciting for preorders of Class of Heroes II, and I've gotten strikes on my account on FB for doing the same thing. I've got my marketing scars but I've hardly seen anything else come of it. I do have a little bit of respect from OPRA though but we need a serious presence.

Muy says:

"Well it was worth a shot. However remember if a company is working on something that hasn't been announced they won't announce it to a random person via email (but this case is highly unlikely)."

Yeah, if I am not part of the gaming press than it will look like I have no use to reporting on anything new that hasn't been discovered before. A company wants the high priests of gaming in order to present the new info. I do believe, however, that they would even have said it to a member of the gaming press. If there was a way that a lot of us could unite to show them that we care, than maybe that would be a good first step. Maybe if a whole group of us would send the same message inquiring about a new Lunar game.....

Vic is it possible that Gajinworks could bring over Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Vic is it possible that Gajinworks could bring over Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
    This would be a better place to request these games: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/...Request-Thread. There is also a PSP game request compilation thread above it.

Maybe. I'm pretty good at getting the word out but not good at creating websites, etc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345