Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Request - Unchained Blades Exxiv PSP/3DS

I would be happy to get more dungeon crawlers that aren't exactly like CoH and wouldn't really be competition to it.

I don't want to say it, but most of the dungeon crawlers coming out aren't the intimidating and difficult kinds like an Elminage or an old-school crawler. If Exxiv has some difficulty to it then I would be all for it (and that goes the same for the second PS3 Wizardry game which I'm assuming XSeed has also dropped).

I'm definitely in the "Physical copies or bust" club here. I passed on Unchained Blades for that specific reason. My backlog of games is so long already, a PSN game will theoretically still be there once I get around to it, whereas a physical release (especially in the RPG genre) is often met with limited quantities and much higher prices down the line, so I buy them as they're released, generally.

Well... this is not always the case actually.. Sometimes licenses expire and digital games are removed. This then makes them actually impossible to get legally anymore. (Seeing as we have no digital game trading options)

Quote Originally Posted by CrixMorshully View Post
    I'm definitely in the "Physical copies or bust" club here. I passed on Unchained Blades for that specific reason. My backlog of games is so long already, a PSN game will theoretically still be there once I get around to it, whereas a physical release (especially in the RPG genre) is often met with limited quantities and much higher prices down the line, so I buy them as they're released, generally.
    My thoughts exactly. When you pass over a physical release at the time it's made available, if at a later time, that urge all of a sudden kicks in and you now feel you must have this game, then you start to hunt the game down and you'll be lucky enough if you're able to spot a good deal on the said game and may end up instead having to fork over an arm and a leg in order just to have it at that time. If you consider a digital only release, you can purchase it on the 1st day of release (and pay it's full price) or get it couple of months/years down the road and it will still be there for a hell of a lot cheaper than it initially was. Unless it was something you had to play as soon as it became available, there's really no other incentive to make a day 1 digital purchase (unless you're trying to make sure the company that released it gets the full payment from you vs. significant discount down the road).

Same with the phyiscal or nothing deal. And also another person that votes for this to be picked up. I was super excited for this game when xseed said they got, and then super wtf when they released it digital only.

while i prefer physicals, if there are none to be had, i will buy digital.

I'd be buying both physical and digital if they're not bundled together like CH2. I'd be playing this on my Vita if it gets localized anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    If you consider a digital only release, you can purchase it on the 1st day of release (and pay it's full price) or get it couple of months/years down the road and it will still be there
    Marble Blast Ultra says otherwise.

UB1 was enjoyable, but the minion system was my biggest problem. It was not only tedious, but I didn't like how the game's progress would come to a grinding halt due to minion battles and forcing the player to constantly recruit stronger monsters just to survive those battles.

From what I've read, the minion system got overhauled in UB2, so I'd definitely buy UB2 if it's localized.
    PSN: lopez1679
    3DS FC: 1177-7236-7557
    "Achtung, baby"

Quote Originally Posted by lolipez007 View Post
    UB1 was enjoyable, but the minion system was my biggest problem. It was not only tedious, but I didn't like how the game's progress would come to a grinding halt due to minion battles and forcing the player to constantly recruit stronger monsters just to survive those battles.

From what I've read, the minion system got overhauled in UB2, so I'd definitely buy UB2 if it's localized.
    lol yeah, you always had to brace for a Judgement battle and do some recruiting beforehand. I think the Judgement battle itself wasn't the issue, I think the problem was the Unchain percentage in the game. Seriously, just with a little bit more unchain % and you wouldn't have to hunt for monsters at certain points. (Sometimes though I have been lucky and was able to grab a decent # of unchains without hunting for monsters but I guess it's just a mixture of luck & level)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast