Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys: Memories of Celceta. Who's Playing It?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost

Ys: Memories of Celceta. Who's Playing It?

Y's is that rare exception in gaming where each installment just get a little bit better with each new game or remake. Falcom seems to be doing a fine job of maintaining the original formula while adding various improvements.

This may be one of the games that finally leads me to buy a Vita. Is anyone playing it? What are your thoughts so far?

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Y's is that rare exception in gaming where each installment just get a little bit better with each new game or remake. Falcom seems to be doing a fine job of maintaining the original formula while adding various improvements.

This may be one of the games that finally leads me to buy a Vita. Is anyone playing it? What are your thoughts so far?
    I started playing it, haven't gotten too far into it yet, but it seems like it has improved on Ys Seven in almost every way. It hasn't hooked it's claws into me yet, but I also have not had much to time spare on it. The LE is absolutely fantastic, and realistically is almost on par with a WD LE. I say almost because the Travel Journal would have been hardcover if it had been WD, among a few other minor details. Surprisingly though, for being a falcom game, the soundtrack has been somewhat disappointing. It is still Falcom, so it is great, but they reuse music in a lot of areas. With the 3 Disc Soundtrack, disc 2 is easily my least favorite (It is Memories of Celceta along with the other incarnations of Ys IV, and Ys V). Everyone seems to be very opinionated about Falcom music so YMMV.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I am, it's a fine game and the gameplay is as great as ever. The graphics department could use some work, it gets a little laggy from time to time and there are lighting issues which are very pronounced. The third shot is the best I've seen it (ie. it looks fine and isn't distracting).
    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/149/l0aa.jpg
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3774/jnki.jpg
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/333/pv8w.jpg
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2276/xqww.jpg
    http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4307/o8ku.jpg

At Ramza: The compass would've needed to be metal for me to rank it with WD . As for the soundtrack, I'm quite fond of the older arrange tracks on D1.
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 11-30-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I am, it's a fine game and the gameplay is as great as ever. The graphics department could use some work, it gets a little laggy from time to time and there are lighting issues which are very pronounced.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4307/o8ku.jpg
    Falcom games are never at the peak of graphical prowess, it is also using an old engine on a new platform. Also, some people complain that the voices and the sfx are a little "bit crushed," it is the same in the US and Japanese version. I can hear it, but it doesn't bug me in the slightest. The game isn't fully voiced; if it was, I would possibly feel different.
    Bakery List
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Falcom games are never at the peak of graphical prowess, it is also using an old engine on a new platform. Also, some people complain that the voices and the sfx are a little "bit crushed," it is the same in the US and Japanese version. I can hear it, but it doesn't bug me in the slightest. The game isn't fully voiced; if it was, I would possibly feel different.
    For sure, I'm finding it a little hard to ignore the lighting issues though. It's mostly the interior areas where it's noticeable and now that I've thought about it, it's actually an issue with AA as well if I'm not mistaken.

Forgot the 'as well' in my sentence.
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 11-30-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    For sure, I'm finding it a little hard to ignore the lighting issues though.
    Looks "bloomtastic." I thought that developers stopped doing that with the PS2... Well, and Nier.

It's like Seven but bigger, better and badder so far. I'm not really that far in either but it's a ton of fun and the story is actually getting a little interesting. The graphics are fine to me but I'm used to the PSP and 3DS so I imagine it might be rougher for someone coming from next gen or a competent PC. The character models and enemies look better than the PSP games at least. Gameplay feels pretty much the same as Seven.

I wish I were playing Ys Celceta, but my copy still hasn't arrived yet

I bought the collectors edition even though I don't have a Vita yet. Hopefully when I do get to play it the blurry bloomy visuals don't end up bothering me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    I bought the collectors edition even though I don't have a Vita yet. Hopefully when I do get to play it the blurry bloomy visuals don't end up bothering me too much.
    IMO the screenshots make it look a lot worse than it really is.
    Bakery List
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast