Thread: SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker gets US release, early 2015

SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker gets US release, early 2015

This wasnīt posted on here, was it?

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TYhiUrDV38

Dedicated Atlus website (with some screens): http://www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor2rb/

I literally just got the email from atlus. Don't really feel anything either way, if they were going to rerelease the game again, why on the 3ds again? Put it on the ps3 or something.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    For any of you who have played these games, is there any point to picking up the DS versions, or is Overclocked a substantial improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    For any of you who have played these games, is there any point to picking up the DS versions, or is Overclocked a substantial improvement?
    I can only comment on the PAL release: Overclocked in Europe is unplayable without a patch. They screwed up that release big time. The original DS game wasnīt even released here.

As for the Devil Survivor 2 DS game: it might be worth picking up the Euro version for collector purposes, as itīs a fairly rare game. Much more uncommon than its North American counterpart.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    The DS releases are still pretty easy to find here, for $15-$20 sealed.

The DS releases are still pretty easy to find here, for $15-$20 sealed.
    Did a quick search across the biggest UK, The Netherlands, France and Germany stores. The cheapest I can find the PAL release seems to be €30 (US$37) atm. You can actually get the NA version for WAY cheaper over here. Like half the price. :-)

The thing with the PAL release is that it was similar to what Vic is doing with the CoH games: Ghostlight did a similar campaign where you had to preorder the game, and they needed a set number of preorders to go through with it. They managed to get that number of people and seemingly struck a deal with some retail partners (mainly Amazon UK, I think) to buy the rest of the lot. Iīm assuming that with every DS release a minimum number of copies have to be produced, probably a couple of thousand, like 3000 or so.

Special to the PAL release is that the words "Devil Survivor" on the front and spine of the cover are in gold. Also all the names of the backers of that release are in a Special Thanks section in the manual. My name is in there too. :-)

Nice! will be buying didn't expect it this soon.

Haven't played DS1 overclocked (even though I have it brand new X_X) but the original is excellent IMO. DSI Overclocked is a minor upgrade from what I can tell but it does have VA and and extended ending scenario so it's technically the most complete version. I need to get around playing it... which reminds me I also have DS2 and STILL haven't played it X_X I guess I never will at this point...