Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

Hybrid View

Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

With the advance release of the RETRO magazing preview that had the tease ad in it, this info spilled on NeoGAF tonight. Class of Heroes 2G is coming for PS3, and it will allow (optionally) for you to play it with a PSP or Vita as the controller, with the second screen displaying the information relevant to what's happening on your TV (more stats, maps, world map, character info, etc).

I'll try to get some pictures up here, stat.

CoH2G_sml.jpg

Thanks Vic saw this on NeoGAF (damn wish I could get an account on there) pretty excited for this and will likely purchase when it becomes available. One quick question though will it be physical or digital only?

Quote Originally Posted by MulderYuffie View Post
    Thanks Vic saw this on NeoGAF (damn wish I could get an account on there) pretty excited for this and will likely purchase when it becomes available. One quick question though will it be physical or digital only?
    Someone else asked that on NeoGAF. Our plan is digital, but if there's a swell of support for a physical release with full color manual, etc, we'll talk to Sony and try to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Someone else asked that on NeoGAF. Our plan is digital, but if there's a swell of support for a physical release with full color manual, etc, we'll talk to Sony and try to make that happen.
    Make it region free and you have one more person willing to fork out for a physical release for PS3! I take physical over digital anydays mostly because my net connection is craptastic down here in Australia and second I like having physical lewt to add to my collection pile!

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Whaddaya know, making remote play not retarded!

I'd definitely support it for a physical release. I don't do digital to be honest.

Edit:

What was the reasoning behind what is basically a remake of Class of Heroes 2 that's expanded upon and not an entirely different entry in the series? Maybe i'm in the minority here, but it seems like wasted resources since CoH2 PSP just came out within the last 5 months. Is the ps3 version radically different?
    Last edited by storino03; 12-21-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I'd definitely support it for a physical release. I don't do digital to be honest.

Edit:

What was the reasoning behind what is basically a remake of Class of Heroes 2 that's expanded upon and not an entirely different entry in the series? Maybe i'm in the minority here, but it seems like wasted resources since CoH2 PSP just came out within the last 5 months. Is the ps3 version radically different?
    Well, while *I* love them, the PSP and Vita are not widely adopted. The PS3 is substantially larger user base that has a large amount of RPG fans that have neither a PSP nor a Vita. So we can bring the game to them (with some cool tech that may encourage Vita adoption). Yeah, it's resources we could have used on another game, but it's not like we're doing a complete game from scratch. Most of the time was spent on the dual screen thing and a few other extras that weren't in the PSP version. We'll be able to use what we've developed on other games moving forward, and hopefully influence the RPG market to do something similar for their games. Win-win for everyone.

I will continue to support Gaijinworks, but I'm not getting 2G since I don't play my PS3 anymore. I'll be there for Class of Heroes 3 and the mystery PSP game, though.

I'd like to see a video of what it looks like on PSP and how the setup would work.
    When is this expected to be ready?

I might go for a limited physical version depending on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I'd like to see a video of what it looks like on PSP and how the setup would work.
    When is this expected to be ready?

I might go for a limited physical version depending on the price.
    The video should be up next week (we were timing to the release of RETRO magazine, which was pushed to Jan 5-10th, but they released an online preview and caught us flat-footed).

I'm not sure a physical is even possible (there's limited voice in the Japanese release which there's no budget to re-do, and Sony USED to not allow that for physical releases.) I've been told other PS3 games have gotten away with it recently, so if there's support for it, we'd have to talk to Sony about what is and isn't allowed to see if we can even do it. Plus, a physical release is another fat stack of cash for the ESRB rating, where digital ratings are free. There are a lot of considerations...

Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast