Page 120 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1407

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Either Sony (the JP publisher) or the original developer in Japan would be the best guess.
    Yeah I think you're right. I guess Atlus just can't distribute the game anymore so the game is in reprint limbo.

Rule of Rose will never be reprinted for the fact that it has lesbian lolis torturing and killing each other at least, well at least heavy subtext suggesting as much. Something about sex plus violence all but guarantees if it does come out it will be limited. I would have to imagine Rapelay, for example is probably ungodly rare.

I don't have Rule of Rose sealed, but I do have the soundtrack to go along with the game, its pretty rare.

But the sealed thing is common. I know you don't like it Gypsy, but yes it does matter. I mean it varies by desirability and rarity and system, but there are noticeable price swings, especially on top tier items. Suikoden 2 goes for a little over a 100 opened, a sealed copy is 2-3 times that price, maybe even more. Even your crappiest game is worth something down the road sealed versus maybe nothing opened. Its just the nature of the market and Collector's. Its not anything special to games. Condition matters above all else be it cars, coins, books, art etc. And brand new is top of the hill in terms of condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
    That I don't know but it's quite possible. Back at the end of 2013 there was "supposedly" going to be a reprint of the game but it didn't work out to well: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...=44101&start=5

Video Game Plus stated more copies were going to be reprinted and even took orders but Atlus had to step in with the news they no longer had the license.

So I wonder who does then...
    Interesting if true in regards to the 15000 print run number.

@Klown: I didn't say I don't like it (I've taken advantage of it). And I can acknowledge it. I just don't collect sealed for myself and $20 vs $250 is a somewhat abnormal example %-wise.

It can be hard to prove a book is new tbh.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Interesting if true in regards to the 15000 print run number.

@Klown: I didn't say I don't like it (I've taken advantage of it). And I can acknowledge it. I just don't collect sealed for myself and $20 vs $250 is a somewhat abnormal example %-wise.

It can be hard to prove a book is new tbh.
    Yea I know what you mean. I actually try to buy a lot of my games "used" nowadays unless its something really rare. That way I don't have to worry about the temptation of whether or not to open it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Rule of Rose will never be reprinted for the fact that it has lesbian lolis torturing and killing each other at least, well at least heavy subtext suggesting as much. Something about sex plus violence all but guarantees if it does come out it will be limited. I would have to imagine Rapelay, for example is probably ungodly rare.

I don't have Rule of Rose sealed, but I do have the soundtrack to go along with the game, its pretty rare.

But the sealed thing is common. I know you don't like it Gypsy, but yes it does matter. I mean it varies by desirability and rarity and system, but there are noticeable price swings, especially on top tier items. Suikoden 2 goes for a little over a 100 opened, a sealed copy is 2-3 times that price, maybe even more. Even your crappiest game is worth something down the road sealed versus maybe nothing opened. Its just the nature of the market and Collector's. Its not anything special to games. Condition matters above all else be it cars, coins, books, art etc. And brand new is top of the hill in terms of condition.
    I'm the opposite. Have the game sealed and played the music cd. Maybe the music is more fitting while playing RoR than playing it out of context as I wasn't impressed by the tracks.

I plan on opening my copy, when I eventually get to playing it, though the disc variants will probably get me to open it right away just to check what I got heh.

xray vision would come in handy in this case, to see the disc art in a sealed game

Did Vic ever 100% confirm the variants? I'm foggy on this.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post

It gets even more hardcore than that. I've had collectors wanting to buy sealed CASES (which is 12 or 24 depending on the system) of WD games. They just collect/trade/sell the sealed box, which is 12-24x as expensive as one game, and then a premium for the fact that it's in a factory sealed case. Crazy stuff. Makes me wish I'd saved a whole lot more cases of games (I usually just kept one or two per game for myself).

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Did Vic ever 100% confirm the variants? I'm foggy on this.
    First rule of variant club is do not talk about variant club. (at least not until years later)

The whole point of variants and secrets/easter eggs from my perspective is to get collectors talking to each other and strengthen/grow a community. The hive eventually figures out most of the stuff, and a community grows in the process. That, plus some of the secrets and variants are cool.