Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

Yeah I would love a PS3 physical edition. I mean sure we all got to admit the PSP didn't have anywhere near the amount of install base the PS3 has and the PS3 is still thriving with games coming out. Hello FFX/X2 HD , KH2.5 , Tales of xillia 2 , Persona 4 Arena 2 , Persona 5 and etc come on it just doesn't make sense NOT to have a physical retail run for this game even if it was like online retailer exclusive it could bring in profit from word of mouth. I assume after CoH3 you will do the G version for that too right?

Count me in for a special physical copy (COH2G)! Loved what you guys did with COH2 PSP

TempestOne
    What does the G stand for? It was my first initial question when I saw the preview.

I, for one, am very excited. I've been humming and drumming over trying to scour the internet for a copy of Class of Heroes 2 or just waiting it out to where I just... feel more comfortable about doing it, so this coming out is good news for someone who happened to miss the boat on the really special, early release for the game on PlayStation Portable. I just wanted to pipe up and say something because something like this happened to me in the recent past regarding a similar situation and I wanted to give a shout-out to my fellow forum-goers, but, I was one of the early Persona fans who got Persona 3 for PlayStation 2 not knowing a thing about the FES version that came out (which is just an enhanced edition of the same game) and I felt so weirded out by that experience that I don't want anyone here to feel the same. I basically felt like I bought "a cheap, early copy of the game and felt swindled" but I now understand that the profits from the really loyal, die-hard fans gave rise to just more support. To those that already have the copy already, feel lucky, because I still feel like I'd want it to have it in my collection as well.

Physical copies seem like a godsend these days so I'd like to cast my lot in for one of those, please. Just knowing it'd come with a full-color manual and the whole shebang would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestOne View Post
    What does the G stand for? It was my first initial question when I saw the preview.
    It means "Gorgeous" - a reference to the substantially improved graphics and added weather effects.

Hey Vic.

If you had to guess as to what percentage of new content is contained in COH2 G (i.e. new dungeons, side quests, etc..), what do you think it would be?

Ah well. If it'll help support your work on CoH3, that's nice. I just hope it won't cut into your limited resources.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Hey Vic.

If you had to guess as to what percentage of new content is contained in COH2 G (i.e. new dungeons, side quests, etc..), what do you think it would be?
    Depends on what you're defining as "content". Just Scenarios? Text? Dungeons? Music? Features (like variable the snow, rain, wind, they added, etc)? It's hard to quantify on a linear basis, but if I were to guess, I'd say about 80-85% the same experience, but the dual screen thing also makes it feel fresher.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Someone else asked that on NeoGAF. Our plan is digital, but if there's a swell of support for a physical release with full color manual, etc, we'll talk to Sony and try to make that happen.
    Make it region free and you have one more person willing to fork out for a physical release for PS3! I take physical over digital anydays mostly because my net connection is craptastic down here in Australia and second I like having physical lewt to add to my collection pile!

So if I understood correctly this game would be an enhanced (because of the remote play) version of the 2010 PS3 game that was only released in Japan, right?

You must have some skilled people at either MonkeyPaw or GaijinWorks to be able to pull this off.

I realize I'm probably talking to the wrong person, but if you would do a physical release, it would be nice if you could make it a little less "special" than the PSP release. :-)
    So that I can actually play the game. :-) I just can't open my PSP copy...

TempestOne
    "Gorgeous" - I love it!

Mm, I would love it even more if the best release would be possible for each and every videogame, of course. I think the very first release of Class of Heroes 2 was the best it could be because it's most loyal fans were there supporting it from the get-go but for the follow-up enhanced version, or "gorgeous" version, I'd love if everything that couldn't make it into the first, initial print-run could be put into this game... I was actually just thinking about it where it'd be great if I had the first version, finished it to its completion and there was almost a bonus version just for me that I could play too or feel as if I'd almost have to trudge through the adventure yet again. Just think, you'd be so much better the second time through and it'd be almost or should be an easy cakewalk - that's cool stuff. Call me crazy, but I think this upscaled version is dedicated to the fans that were there for Class of Heroes 2 since the beginning the most more so than the ones that were kind of loopy. Like me. Hehe.

Just thinking about using the PS Vita as a controller and seeing different status menus and stuff is cool.

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast