Page 45 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Shizukari View Post
    I'm bummed that Gaijinworks couldn't use a more realistic goal for 2G, at least the same that was used for 2 PSP. I'm sure we *won't* reach the goal, and most of the customers that bought the PSP game got it because it was a retail print of the game.
    It's not an issue of more "realistic goals" - the goal is very realistic considering that the manufacture/royalties are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive than on the PSP. We only bumped the price a few bucks over the PSP version, and that bump did not come close to covering the increase in royalties. So, we could have dropped the quantity needed to do it, but the price would have gone up to the $50 range, and that's just not reasonable. When you're dealing with hyper-tiny quantities like this, pricing becomes a major issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    It's not an issue of more "realistic goals" - the goal is very realistic considering that the manufacture/royalties are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive than on the PSP. We only bumped the price a few bucks over the PSP version, and that bump did not come close to covering the increase in royalties. So, we could have dropped the quantity needed to do it, but the price would have gone up to the $50 range, and that's just not reasonable. When you're dealing with hyper-tiny quantities like this, pricing becomes a major issue.
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks for trying if it doesn't get to goal!

I think there should be more of a push for promoting the game connectivity with the PSP/Vita and PS3, like show the process to make it work and then go through the intro a little bit so it gets people interested.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I think there should be more of a push for promoting the game connectivity with the PSP/Vita and PS3, like show the process to make it work and then go through the intro a little bit so it gets people interested.
    We need a video like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

;-)

Ah that was a glorious video.

well, the good news is even if the goal isn't met, it has no bearing on if the game is released or not.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    So, we could have dropped the quantity needed to do it, but the price would have gone up to the $50 range, and that's just not reasonable. When you're dealing with hyper-tiny quantities like this, pricing becomes a major issue.
    honestly, even if you knocked the price up to $50-$60, I think many of the people who want the game would still buy it. The hyper-tiny one-printing only quantity would practically make it special and desireable in a LE game sense anyway. unless its one of those things where you absolutely must have some sort of minimum quantity ordered to drive manufacturing costs down.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    well, the good news is even if the goal isn't met, it has no bearing on if the game is released or not.

honestly, even if you knocked the price up to $50-$60, I think many of the people who want the game would still buy it. The hyper-tiny one-printing only quantity would practically make it special and desireable in a LE game sense anyway. unless its one of those things where you absolutely must have some sort of minimum quantity ordered to drive manufacturing costs down.
    I would buy it at ~$50. I won't buy it as digital, unfortunately.

Yeah. I am old school.

EDIT - "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
    Last edited by zborgerd; 04-10-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post

The higher price would mitigate the need for the 7k quantity. That was a threshold based on keeping the price as low as possible, since ~$50 seemed unreasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I would buy it at ~$50. I won't buy it as digital, unfortunately.

Yeah. I am old school.

EDIT - "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
    I concur with most of this. I would pay $50 for it, we are probably in the minority of the minority though. Still on the fence about the digital version. Will probably depend on funds. I would like to support it, but if its digital only it will be a lower priority.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Im also more inclined to believe that the majority of the 2000 people signed up at 40 would also sign up at 50. I seriously doubt to many of those are buying the game to play rather its probably collector's who want a game that will/would be relatively rare.

But at the end of the day I understand your position. I am bummed, but being an accountant I understand the number side of things.

Page 45 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast