Page 46 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1407

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

  1. #451
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,509
    Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Im also more inclined to believe that the majority of the 2000 people signed up at 40 would also sign up at 50. I seriously doubt to many of those are buying the game to play rather its probably collector's who want a game that will/would be relatively rare.
    This ^

    $40 * 7000 = $280000
    $60 * 5000 = $280000

    Is it a harder sell at $60? Sure. But it's at least an option. I put down two at the original $40 and I'm probably not the only one. A price increase might make people less inclined to do this.

    $55 * 4000 = $220000

    That number might be feasible and isn't too far out of line with most LEs that you see. In the end this game would be for the collectors and I think that most collectors would't be terribly concerned with the $15 bump. Any way you look at it, it's easy to see why it's so hard to be a small publisher. That barely pays for a salary or two, let along royalties, manufacturing costs, operating expenses and real estate.

    I still have no clue how Ghostlight managed that tiny 300 copy run of Elminage.

    But at the end of the day I understand your position. I am bummed, but being an accountant I understand the number side of things.
    That explains everything!

  2. #452
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    How much longer will the pre-sales poll be up?

  3. #453
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    $55 * 4000 = $220000

    That number might be feasible and isn't too far out of line with most LEs that you see. In the end this game would be for the collectors and I think that most collectors would't be terribly concerned with the $15 bump. Any way you look at it, it's easy to see why it's so hard to be a small publisher. That barely pays for a salary or two, let along royalties, manufacturing costs, operating expenses and real estate.
    I dunno. I'll have to consider cutting some of the unannounced *little* extras I was going to do as a surprise for those that supported. Still do some things, but not as many. That would cut some cost, making a smaller run more feasible @$50. I can't imagine charging more than $50 for the game and a few bucks for shipping, though. But even then, I doubt we could make it work for less than 4k units. I'll have to do some math scenarios this weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I still have no clue how Ghostlight managed that tiny 300 copy run of Elminage.
    Me, neither. That's way below the minimum to even have a manufacturing run for PSP in the USA. Someone had a great relationship with SCEE to get that done.

  4. #454
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    How much longer will the pre-sales poll be up?
    It's supposed to conclude next week.

  5. #455
    I would have a go with it at $50 also. A 2 month awareness/pre-sale wouldn't hurt either would it? At 4,000 copies that would be 2,000 each month which would be really doable I believe. While some people might be put off by the $10 increase there is also less supply which might and likely will draw other people toward it. I honestly don't think anyone was really expecting anything extra when signing up about the game so I don't see why cutting whatever it might be would be a problem at all. I think most just wanted this the game itself in a physical format.

  6. #456
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The higher price would mitigate the need for the 7k quantity. That was a threshold based on keeping the price as low as possible, since ~$50 seemed unreasonable to me.
    I can't tell you what to do or how to run your company, but I can tell you that paying ~$50 for a rare physical copy of a game that has a very small print run would not be unreasonable to me... ~$50 for a digital download of an updated console version of a game I already own on a handheld, yes, unreasonable. The prices for said physical version of game I can correctly predict will be unreasonable once they hit ebay.

    Even if you asked the common MSRP of $60, I'd still buy two.

    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I dunno. I'll have to consider cutting some of the unannounced *little* extras I was going to do as a surprise for those that supported. Still do some things, but not as many. That would cut some cost, making a smaller run more feasible @$50. I can't imagine charging more than $50 for the game and a few bucks for shipping, though. But even then, I doubt we could make it work for less than 4k units. I'll have to do some math scenarios this weekend.
    lol, its starting to sound like a reverse kickstarter now.

    It wouldn't bother me at all if the physical edition comes with nothing outside of what a normal retail involves. A small card praising my taste as a gamer as a special 'thank you' could be a B&W photo with a stick figure doodle with an arrow pointing to it with the words "You" and "Awesome" for all I care. Its nice, but not necessary.

    Based on the numbers so far, it doesn't look like increasing the cost of the thing isn't going to help make it meet cost requirements anyhow. Seems a little late to change the price too. That'll attract the haters to come out and scream how you're "ripping people off", but I assume you're used to having those stones hurled at you by now.

  7. #457
    Senior Member KrownKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atop the Tower of God.
    Posts
    3,382
    Vic is doing some maths, quick call the guys from Top Gear.

    I am honestly fine losing some features plus the price increase if it can increase the chance to get a physical copy done. Although I am honestly surprised in a little under a month its barely over 2000. I never thought 7 K was possible, but I figured 4-5K was in range.

  8. #458
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Vic is doing some maths, quick call the guys from Top Gear.

    I am honestly fine losing some features plus the price increase if it can increase the chance to get a physical copy done. Although I am honestly surprised in a little under a month its barely over 2000. I never thought 7 K was possible, but I figured 4-5K was in range.
    It hit 1600, then REALLY slowed down. Surprised here, too.

  9. #459
    Senior Member DeadElf_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    138
    Seems a little late to change the price too. That'll attract the haters to come out and scream how you're "ripping people off", but I assume you're used to having those stones hurled at you by now.
    Chances are someone will come out raging one way or another about something anyway. That's just the way it goes. But changing the price does make it seem like too much of an open invitation.

  10. #460
    Senior Member KrownKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atop the Tower of God.
    Posts
    3,382
    To be fair, this is exactly why Vic did a poll before a pre order. He would not really be changing the terms, because this is just a interest poll, while a pre order could still have been cancelled but would feel more set in stone.

Page 46 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •