Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1407

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

  1. #481
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    PAL version LE does not come with a game. This is what they were referring to. Please read above.

    Yes, they are "that bad". It will eventually happen in NA as well.
    I did read above. this is what I read

    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Drakengard 3 CE that doesn't even contain a game disc.
    I tried the link. It didn't work. I searched elsewhere on the net, specifically for the PAL/EU version. And he's right...

    it doesn't come with a disc...

    it comes with a download code for the game.

  2. #482
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    I wonder if Atlus having skipped localizing the first game in the series would have helped the series' popularity in the west? I frequently see people calling it a terrible franchise and similar without even playing the second game and I am yet to see someone who has actually played Class of Heroes 2 call it bad.
    The one Atlus did definitely put the whole series in a negative light here. I knew we'd be digging the reputation out of a hole here. I just didn't know how deep it would be. Still, our release having a metacritic that's 16 points higher than the original should give people at least an *idea* that something is MUCH better about the sequel. Has there ever been such a huge gap UP for a sequel's ratings? I can't think of one. And each one only gets better as the series progresses. I just hope we can keep doing them after 3.

  3. #483
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    I did read above. this is what I read



    I tried the link. It didn't work. I searched elsewhere on the net, specifically for the PAL/EU version. And he's right...

    it doesn't come with a disc...

    it comes with a download code for the game.
    What's the point? I can't imagine a world where I would feel compelled to buy a CE like that.

  4. #484
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,510
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    What's the point? I can't imagine a world where I would feel compelled to buy a CE like that.
    Technically they are already doing it locally with the Vita release of X /XII. Only the first half is included and the second half is DLC.

    Not to mention that most of the "extras" that they are including are DLC in other games, like the domestic Drakengard 3 release. Basically no-cost with higher margin.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 04-13-2014 at 10:20 PM.

  5. #485
    Senior Member almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The one Atlus did definitely put the whole series in a negative light here. I knew we'd be digging the reputation out of a hole here. I just didn't know how deep it would be. Still, our release having a metacritic that's 16 points higher than the original should give people at least an *idea* that something is MUCH better about the sequel. Has there ever been such a huge gap UP for a sequel's ratings? I can't think of one. And each one only gets better as the series progresses. I just hope we can keep doing them after 3.
    Then there's a game called Valhalla Knights where to the best of my knowledge, the first one wasn't that good and both sequels aren't that much better (at least based on the reviews I've seen), and yet they keep on making and making them.

  6. #486
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    What's the point? I can't imagine a world where I would feel compelled to buy a CE like that.
    heh, I'm not making an argument in favor or against buying the thing, just trying to straighten out the confusion that it comes with no game at all. No disc is way different than no game. One is lame. One is outrageous.

    someone pointed out Dead Space 3 was a CE with no game, and that's not completely true either. EA offered 2 versions of their CE direct from their site. One came with the game. The other CE was sold as a physical add-on to the retail game minus the cost of the game.

  7. #487
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,510
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    heh, I'm not making an argument in favor or against buying the thing, just trying to straighten out the confusion that it comes with no game at all. No disc is way different than no game. One is lame. One is outrageous.

    someone pointed out Dead Space 3 was a CE with no game, and that's not completely true either. EA offered 2 versions of their CE direct from their site. One came with the game. The other CE was sold as a physical add-on to the retail game minus the cost of the game.
    There is no confusion for anyone else. You are just taking the word "game" very literally. As far as I am concerned, a box with DLC is pretty silly.

  8. #488
    Senior Member KrownKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atop the Tower of God.
    Posts
    3,382
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    heh, I'm not making an argument in favor or against buying the thing, just trying to straighten out the confusion that it comes with no game at all. No disc is way different than no game. One is lame. One is outrageous.

    someone pointed out Dead Space 3 was a CE with no game, and that's not completely true either. EA offered 2 versions of their CE direct from their site. One came with the game. The other CE was sold as a physical add-on to the retail game minus the cost of the game.
    Yes and the game was just the regular retail version, and the one that came with the game was 60 dollars more. So basically, they were selling a CE without the game. Its not like the version with the game is packaged with the game, they just saved those folks to lazy to click a few more boxes on the website trouble, by auto bundling, but basically its a separate box, and a separate game.

  9. #489
    Senior Member Yamasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Then there's a game called Valhalla Knights where to the best of my knowledge, the first one wasn't that good and both sequels aren't that much better (at least based on the reviews I've seen), and yet they keep on making and making them.
    They keep making them because the series has a dedicated fanbase and the games are actually pretty good, nothing astonishing or anything though.

    But you shouldn't always go by reviews, just my opinion though.

  10. #490
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,948
    Wooo 2200!!

Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •