Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PS3

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    PAL version LE does not come with a game. This is what they were referring to. Please read above.

Yes, they are "that bad". It will eventually happen in NA as well.
    I did read above. this is what I read

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Drakengard 3 CE that doesn't even contain a game disc.
    I tried the link. It didn't work. I searched elsewhere on the net, specifically for the PAL/EU version. And he's right...

it doesn't come with a disc...

it comes with a download code for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    I wonder if Atlus having skipped localizing the first game in the series would have helped the series' popularity in the west? I frequently see people calling it a terrible franchise and similar without even playing the second game and I am yet to see someone who has actually played Class of Heroes 2 call it bad.
    The one Atlus did definitely put the whole series in a negative light here. I knew we'd be digging the reputation out of a hole here. I just didn't know how deep it would be. Still, our release having a metacritic that's 16 points higher than the original should give people at least an *idea* that something is MUCH better about the sequel. Has there ever been such a huge gap UP for a sequel's ratings? I can't think of one. And each one only gets better as the series progresses. I just hope we can keep doing them after 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    I did read above. this is what I read

I tried the link. It didn't work. I searched elsewhere on the net, specifically for the PAL/EU version. And he's right...

it doesn't come with a disc...

it comes with a download code for the game.
    What's the point? I can't imagine a world where I would feel compelled to buy a CE like that.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    What's the point? I can't imagine a world where I would feel compelled to buy a CE like that.
    Technically they are already doing it locally with the Vita release of X /XII. Only the first half is included and the second half is DLC.

Not to mention that most of the "extras" that they are including are DLC in other games, like the domestic Drakengard 3 release. Basically no-cost with higher margin.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 04-13-2014 at 10:20 PM.

The one Atlus did definitely put the whole series in a negative light here. I knew we'd be digging the reputation out of a hole here. I just didn't know how deep it would be. Still, our release having a metacritic that's 16 points higher than the original should give people at least an *idea* that something is MUCH better about the sequel. Has there ever been such a huge gap UP for a sequel's ratings? I can't think of one. And each one only gets better as the series progresses. I just hope we can keep doing them after 3.
    Then there's a game called Valhalla Knights where to the best of my knowledge, the first one wasn't that good and both sequels aren't that much better (at least based on the reviews I've seen), and yet they keep on making and making them.

heh, I'm not making an argument in favor or against buying the thing, just trying to straighten out the confusion that it comes with no game at all. No disc is way different than no game. One is lame. One is outrageous.

someone pointed out Dead Space 3 was a CE with no game, and that's not completely true either. EA offered 2 versions of their CE direct from their site. One came with the game. The other CE was sold as a physical add-on to the retail game minus the cost of the game.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    heh, I'm not making an argument in favor or against buying the thing, just trying to straighten out the confusion that it comes with no game at all. No disc is way different than no game. One is lame. One is outrageous.

someone pointed out Dead Space 3 was a CE with no game, and that's not completely true either. EA offered 2 versions of their CE direct from their site. One came with the game. The other CE was sold as a physical add-on to the retail game minus the cost of the game.
    There is no confusion for anyone else. You are just taking the word "game" very literally. As far as I am concerned, a box with DLC is pretty silly.

Yes and the game was just the regular retail version, and the one that came with the game was 60 dollars more. So basically, they were selling a CE without the game. Its not like the version with the game is packaged with the game, they just saved those folks to lazy to click a few more boxes on the website trouble, by auto bundling, but basically its a separate box, and a separate game.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Then there's a game called Valhalla Knights where to the best of my knowledge, the first one wasn't that good and both sequels aren't that much better (at least based on the reviews I've seen), and yet they keep on making and making them.
    They keep making them because the series has a dedicated fanbase and the games are actually pretty good, nothing astonishing or anything though.

But you shouldn't always go by reviews, just my opinion though.

Wooo 2200!!

Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast