Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galapagos Game

Post Galapagos Game

I am very curious if you have heard of this. Supposedly a new RPG label has been made by Compile Heart called Galapagos and they have hired two Final Fantasy veterans for the task of their upcoming game title. The idea behind them is that they are going to make Japanese games for Japanese gamers, but they are also interested in seeing their titles head westward. I know that NIS America has published a few Compile Heart games but I think that this new Galapagos RPG could be published by anyone. So, as to not sound like the usual game request thread, what do you think about this? Do you have any interest in localizing something like this?

If this sounds confusing, here are a few articles on Siliconera, in order, to clarify things: http://www.siliconera.com/tag/galapagos-rpg/
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Sounds kind of odd to suggest a game that NO ONE knows anything about yet. I'm interesting in finding out what it is first, before I see if I'll be interested in it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrozoz View Post
    Sounds kind of odd to suggest a game that NO ONE knows anything about yet. I'm interesting in finding out what it is first, before I see if I'll be interested in it or not.
    It's not exactly "suggesting" suggesting, just a little bit of a headsup. I also know that there will be something going on, on May 9th that will end up giving off more pertinent information about the project.
    Last edited by Celebappren; 04-30-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    It's not exactly "suggesting" suggesting, just a little bit of a headsup. I also know that there will be something going on, on May 9th that will end up giving off more pertinent information about the project.
    This might be a little premature for a request thread, but just get some pics and more information in it once it's revealed what it even IS and what it's for. Can't fault your enthusiasm...

Yeah, I will try to update this thread when I can. I apologize for being so early on the announcement.

I'm definitely interested. I enjoy pretty much all of Compile Heart's titles that have been localized here.

If you're interested, you should check out Siliconera. Amano and Uematsu - two Final Fantasy regulars - are said to be working group on the game in their respective fields. Looks like it could be pretty neat.

Cool to see Uematsu doing more music outside of Mistwalker, and man, I'm -really- interested if it's going to have art from Amano. Especially if it'll actually have an accurate ingame representation of his art rather than an FF-type thing where they just let him do the concept art for characters then remove all of his style from the final product.

All I can say is that I was very excited for the game ever since I first heard about it. If you really want a RPG free from western influences, than it sounds like the Galapagos people are your people. Here is the article from my Siliconera link that reinforces that: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/23...other-details/

This part from the article is important:

"The Galapagos RPG brand is a testimony to designing games for Japanese gamers. However, that doesn’t mean Galapagos RPG titles are necessarily a Japan-only games. The company wants to release more Idea Factory and Compile Heart games in the West and Galapagos is not an exception. Siliconera noticed Compile Heart was looking for a licensor to publish Holy Sorcery Story in North America and Europe."

Here is a link to Holy Sorcery Story, a PS Vita game: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/19...tory-overseas/. It looks like a pretty decent Action-RPG, and the idea of finding curry is interesting. Sorry if I am throwing out so much stuff at once, it's just my thing.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I guess they couldn't use the original characters because Sega owns Puyo Pop (Puyo)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast