Page 20 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Selling/Trading thread!

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Season.../dp/B0003JAK6C

Its this one. Its the complete tv series in the six disc case.

Its not bad, I just don't like tragedy too much, and Berserk is rolling in it. And the movies look terrible.
    I wouldn't say that the movies are terrible, but they aren't that great. They lack the tone and theme that made the TV series excellent. The TV characters were likable and interesting, but they don't feel developed in the movies. Too much is crammed into a 2 hour block and it feels much more gritty like the newer manga.

But, yeah. Full of tragedy and it just has gotten worse over the years. Not to mention that Miura is drawing at a snails pace.

^The movies are terrible imo because they use CGI that was dated over a decade ago let alone now. I mean the movies make Duel Master look good.

^The movies are terrible imo because they use CGI that was dated over a decade ago let alone now. I mean the movies make Duel Master look good.
    Almost everything has some CG now though. Anything out of Production IG, Yamato 2199, Attack on Titan, Mushishi, and just about anything that I've seen on Crunchyroll in the past two years has some of it. Berserk films have some really obvious CG, but it's not so bad that our gets in the way to much. The visuals are quite beautiful, but that doesn't make it enjoyable to watch.

^The thing is, for as beloved or as allegedly beloved as the series is, you would think it would get better treatment then a 25/26 episode series over a decade ago, and 3 mediocre films.

^The thing is, for as beloved or as allegedly beloved as the series is, you would think it would get better treatment then a 25/26 episode series over a decade ago, and 3 mediocre films.
    It's got its fans, but like everything in the seinen demographic, it's a hard sell. There used to be a lot of seinen manga and even anime, but now it doesn't seem to be very popular. Really got to dig to find stuff; And I don't mean something that's excessively violent like Berserk. It could even be something like Urasawa's stuff; Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Billy Bat, Master Keaton, etc., with more grown-up writing. Seems that the seinen publications in the west are riding on omnibus releases of stuff from the '70s and '80s, like Lone Wolf and Cub and Path of the Assassin. Berserk is 24 this year. Heck, even Naoki Urasawa's Monster is 20 years old now. I'm hoping that Kodansha changes this with their efforts in North America; Maybe something like Vinland Saga which offers some interesting historical value. I'm sick of relying on Dark Horse and Viz who seem to be discontinuing print runs in favor of omnibus releases.

http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Season.../dp/B0003JAK6C

Its this one. Its the complete tv series in the six disc case.

Its not bad, I just don't like tragedy too much, and Berserk is rolling in it. And the movies look terrible.
    That looks like the remaster which is probably the best way to watch the series. I have both that and the Box of War (Found the box for like $10 a couple years ago) and really enjoy the series. Berserk is similar to Eva in my eyes, in that both have super solid and happy first halves with a second half which becomes much darker but gives more depth to the series. The manga's quality goes in waves, even through the various arcs, but I liked where it was going when I last read it.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    That looks like the remaster which is probably the best way to watch the series. I have both that and the Box of War (Found the box for like $10 a couple years ago) and really enjoy the series. Berserk is similar to Eva in my eyes, in that both have super solid and happy first halves with a second half which becomes much darker but gives more depth to the series. The manga's quality goes in waves, even through the various arcs, but I liked where it was going when I last read it.
    Pretty sure that this is the "remaster", which came out around 2009. http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Collec...pr_product_top . It's a single 6-disc case but has slightly improved audio dub clarity. I seem to recall hearing that the "Berserk" logo in the scene transitions do not exist in this version, or something along those lines.

The original complete season 1 collection came out around 2003 in the "Box of War": http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Season.../dp/B0000CABH8

.. Followed by the version that KrownKlown listed which doesn't have the 6 DVD cases but rather a huge multi-disc case.

Ah you are probably right. I have the Box and the single DVD case version, not that fat multidisc case one you mentioned.

Part of the fun of anime collecting is all the haphazard releases, in all kinds of different styles and cases while having to watch out for bootlegs. >_>
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Can someone fill me in on what they did with Berserk after the original Anime? because I really haven't followed. From the bits and pieces of new media I've seen I got this gut feeling that it's just not the same, a bit fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    It's got its fans, but like everything in the seinen demographic, it's a hard sell. There used to be a lot of seinen manga and even anime, but now it doesn't seem to be very popular. Really got to dig to find stuff; And I don't mean something that's excessively violent like Berserk. It could even be something like Urasawa's stuff; Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Billy Bat, Master Keaton, etc., with more grown-up writing. Seems that the seinen publications in the west are riding on omnibus releases of stuff from the '70s and '80s, like Lone Wolf and Cub and Path of the Assassin. Berserk is 24 this year. Heck, even Naoki Urasawa's Monster is 20 years old now. I'm hoping that Kodansha changes this with their efforts in North America; Maybe something like Vinland Saga which offers some interesting historical value. I'm sick of relying on Dark Horse and Viz who seem to be discontinuing print runs in favor of omnibus releases.
    What did happen to Seinen? I mean back in the glory days seinen was hot, it was the anime I grew up with. But now it just seems kind of like an afterthought with all the shonen anime airing. Not saying shonen is crap, just where has all the seinen gone?