Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Selling/Trading thread!

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Hard to believe it's going for that kind of price now. Honestly, I think that the Dreamcast version is the better game. Yes, the GCN version has extras, and it also has a decreased encounter rate (I never thought the original was that bad). But I think that the GCN graphical / texture clarity tanked a bit and the audio quality on the GCN version is abysmal.

I've played through both versions.

The graphics weren't that big of a deal to me. I's really the music that breaks it for me. I could tell a difference right away. The original sounded great, and the GCN version sounds tinny and weird. The extra content isn't really worth that tradeoff, and the encounter rate tweaks were a bit over exaggerated. I honestly noticed no substantial difference in the encounter rate.
    2 GDs - 2.2GB
    1 mini DVD - 1.4GB

I'm not sure why they didn't make the GC version two discs.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games-...dition&_sop=13

I almost canned my pre-order last week but saw it was sold out so I decided to wait. If I don't want it turns out I could just sell it and make some extra money. Pretty ridiculous. Hope everyone here that was interested got their pre-order in.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post

I almost canned my pre-order last week but saw it was sold out so I decided to wait. If I don't want it turns out I could just sell it and make some extra money. Pretty ridiculous. Hope everyone here that was interested got their pre-order in.
    I have 2 in...

there are several in there for 99
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I have 2 in...

Lol, me too. I hardly trust anyone anymore. I have it at Amazon, GameStop, and the NamcoBandai site, but I should probably cancel the Digital River one.

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I have 2 in...

Older though, before pre-orders were completely sold out. Also it seems like it is completely up to whoever is listing it. $100 is definitely too low though, considering the other listings. Also there are hardly any available right now, which is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Lol, me too. I hardly trust anyone anymore. I have it at Amazon, GameStop, and the NamcoBandai site, but I should probably cancel the Digital River one.
    Yeah I had the Xillia CE through Amazon and Gamestop. After how awkward it was to return the Xillia CE locally (manager doesn't care for me at the closest location) I've just stuck to making sure I get Amazon in. I've never had an issue with them (outside of packaging).
    Last edited by Gypsy; 01-13-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Amazing the people buying just to immediately flip it.

The pack ins weren't very compelling to me so I ended up going for the regular edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    Amazing the people buying just to immediately flip it.

The pack ins weren't very compelling to me so I ended up going for the regular edition.
    I mean I guess it's pretty easy if you pick and choose well so that's why people do it I suppose. If you aren't very smart it could backfire a lot though.

As for the extras I love the character figures and that's why I initially placed my order. The soundtrack is w/e to me and the other thing is basically just a story supplement. My thing is I really dislike paying for these often crappily (look at me making up words) put together emulated remakes. I mean ZOE was basically unplayable.

Heh. I still have the original Tales of Symphonia for the GC in my collection. I beat it twice because I enjoyed the game that much. Some of the music was fun, but most of it was just decent to good. Nothing that was outright amazing. That said, I preordered the Collector's Edition on the same day it became available... I think it was October 10th or something like that. Just prepaid it all through Amazon the other day, too, so yay. I almost couldn't care less about the sequel, but if it doesn't have tacked on mandatory motion controls then maybe I won't mind giving it another chance this time.

I remember reading once that the original voicecast (English that is) for Symphonia had done more voicework for the game that was never used in the GC version. I wonder if this means that it'll be in the updated PS3 version we'll be receiving? Or if they have to re-voice the entire cast? I don't think I've heard anything one way or the other about that yet.

I mean I guess it's pretty easy if you pick and choose well so that's why people do it I suppose. If you aren't very smart it could backfire a lot though.

As for the extras I love the character figures and that's why I initially placed my order. The soundtrack is w/e to me and the other thing is basically just a story supplement. My thing is I really dislike paying for these often crappily (look at me making up words) put together emulated remakes. I mean ZOE was basically unplayable.
    Ah, crappy emulator remakes - aka all the SNES remakes Square put on the PS1. At least this one sounds like a real remake. There's no depths to how disappointed I would be if it's done incompetently.

Quote Originally Posted by macross_green View Post
    Heh. I still have the original Tales of Symphonia for the GC in my collection. I beat it twice because I enjoyed the game that much. Some of the music was fun, but most of it was just decent to good. Nothing that was outright amazing. That said, I preordered the Collector's Edition on the same day it became available... I think it was October 10th or something like that. Just prepaid it all through Amazon the other day, too, so yay. I almost couldn't care less about the sequel, but if it doesn't have tacked on mandatory motion controls then maybe I won't mind giving it another chance this time.
    Well they'd definitely have to tweak the motion crap if it is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    Ah, crappy emulator remakes - aka all the SNES remakes Square put on the PS1. At least this one sounds like a real remake. There's no depths to how disappointed I would be if it's done incompetently.
    To be fair I haven't been following the details on this one. I'll see if it's playable when I get it. I have the original releases of both so it doesn't really matter but still.

Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast