Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request physical PSP copies for these 3 games (1 upcoming, 2 recently released)

Lightbulb Request physical PSP copies for these 3 games (1 upcoming, 2 recently released)

I'm not sure if this post is appropriate for posting on gaijinworks, but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

I'm sure by now that most of the users of this forum have heard of these 3 PSP rpg games (2 recently released as digital copies "Elminage Original" and "Unchained Blades") and one upcoming release "Mystic Chronicles" which as of now not been announced as to how they plan on releasing it. I have emailed each one of these companies and sited Vic's success (during and after the time he was able to do a physical/digital combo) and asking them to release a physical copy of their respective titles. At this point, I have probably sent 3 such e-mail requests to each one of them and would like for those of you who are also interested in seeing them do a physical release of said titles, to send in your requests to them asking for a physical copy releases from them. The more the companies may agree to do this (if enough of us ask them to), the better it is for all of us (especially for the collectors in us). I've provided their website addresses below (even though you probably are familiar with all of these).

http://www.xseedgames.com/ - "Unchained Blades"

http://beta.ufointeractivegames.com/ - "Elminage Original"

http://www.natsume.com/ - for upcoming "Mystic Chronicles"

Thanks to all for your involvement in this.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    I'm not sure if this post is appropriate for posting on gaijinworks, but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

I'm sure by now that most of the users of this forum have heard of these 3 PSP rpg games (2 recently released as digital copies "Elminage Original" and "Unchained Blades") and one upcoming release "Mystic Chronicles" which as of now not been announced as to how they plan on releasing it. I have emailed each one of these companies and sited Vic's success (during and after the time he was able to do a physical/digital combo) and asking them to release a physical copy of their respective titles. At this point, I have probably sent 3 such e-mail requests to each one of them and would like for those of you who are also interested in seeing them do a physical release of said titles, to send in your requests to them asking for a physical copy releases from them. The more the companies may agree to do this (if enough of us ask them to), the better it is for all of us (especially for the collectors in us). I've provided their website addresses below (even though you probably are familiar with all of these).

http://www.xseedgames.com/ - "Unchained Blades"

http://beta.ufointeractivegames.com/ - "Elminage Original"

http://www.natsume.com/ - for upcoming "Mystic Chronicles"

Thanks to all for your involvement in this.
    Elminage localization is pretty atrocious, so I'm not sure that's even a good candidate, but the other two could certainly manage a limited physical+digital release if the publisher were so inclined.

Mystic Chronicles never had a retail in japan either. it was psn only since it was a I phone game.

Elminage is getting a 3DS version which will be more likely to see a retail release

Here's hoping they actually do translate it a bit better this time around. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a physical release for Unchained Blades for either the PSP or the 3DS. I've been wanting to get Unchained Blades, but I haven't picked it up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Elminage localization is pretty atrocious, so I'm not sure that's even a good candidate, but the other two could certainly manage a limited physical+digital release if the publisher were so inclined.
    I'm hoping that's been addressed in their latest patch 1.01. And if that was the only main issue, wouldn't it be a candidate at this point? Besides, I'm a sucker for anything that smells of a Wizardry clone

Patch Notes:

-Localization fixes throughout entire game.
    -UI bugs fixed.
    -Added custom BGM selection during gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    I'm hoping that's been addressed in their latest patch 1.01. And if that was the only main issue, wouldn't it be a candidate at this point? Besides, I'm a sucker for anything that smells of a Wizardry clone

Patch Notes:

-Localization fixes throughout entire game.
    -UI bugs fixed.
    -Added custom BGM selection during gameplay.
    It needed a HUGE amount of localization fixes - the system messages were atrocious. I mean, I understand the difficulty of testing something like this based off Wizardry, because we DID it with Class of Heroes 2 (fingers crossed we didn't miss something), but it's like they didn't even TEST it with the version they released.

I would like to think they polished it to a sheen, fixing all the problems in localization, but I'm resigned to the reality that they probably did the bare minimum.

Unfortunately for the two games that are out, I don't see where a physical copy would make sense now. Everyone who wants the game has probably bought it already. Mystic Chronicles is a budget game so unfortunately I don't see that happening.

Count me in on the boat of "I'd rather have digital new releases than nothing" Sure, I prefer physical, but when new releases are coming on PSN for 20-25 bucks I'm not going to complain.

I'd buy a UMD copy of Unchained Blades, but it'll never happen. Aftermarket retail releases of DD games are incredibly rare, and normally only exist as part of compilations with a few other games.

Ah there's a few more I'd wish had gotten the Physical treatment. Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows are really great horror titles, and I wish Xseed had done a physical for them, especially with LE bonuses. And the recently released Black Rock Shooter from NISA. Some sort of licensing issues prevented them from releasing the game outside the US, so myself in Canada, can't regularly even buy the game off PSN. I'm sure NISA tried hard to get past this seeing as the game was delayed for so long, but had it been a physical release. I could easily import the game....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast