Thread: Request for Vic's initials on the shrink wrap of original KS copies (just suggesting)

Lightbulb Request for Vic's initials on the shrink wrap of original KS copies (just suggesting)

Hi Vic.

This is just an afterthought and may be completely out of the question, but I thought I'd run it by you to see if this might be something you can do (or even willing to do) and if there's no objection from other members of this forum.
    Technically what this would be is a special thank you to all the original backers (I'm not trying to be greedy or anything, just think this might be a great substitute to having backer's names in the credits which someone had suggested before, but that wasn't feasible). All of this would depend on several factors.

1) Would you be able to have access to the shrink wrapped games before they ship?

2) Would you be willing/able to initial that many games (assuming the number of pre-orders for the original KS edition doesn't climb over the original backer count of 882) with a non-smear marker

3) If you are Ok with both 1) and 2) above, maybe we can then take a poll to see if members are for or against this idea.

4) If there's even enough time to consider something like this at this point. (But really, my first thread was a complete bomb and I'm just trying to redeem my self with this one )

But in all seriousness, whatever you decide on this, nothing will change the fact that you are a Rock Star to all of us (I'm sure when I say this, I speak on behalf of all the fans of your work)

That would be one way to distinguish the KickStarter variant cover from the standard one.

It would be cool to see a gold stamped WD on the paper cover for the kick starter versions
    One of the bottom corners of the front half would be a great spot to see that
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 05-03-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    It would be cool to see a gold stamped WD on the paper cover for the kick starter versions
    One of the bottom corners of the front half would be a great spot to see that
    That would be kinda strange since WD doesn't exist anymore... I would think Vic would be more interested in promoting his new company rather than one that doesn't exist anymore, regardless of how cool WD was. Also the stamping process for doing stuff like that I would have to imagine is pretty cumbersome and out of the question this close to release.

If Mr. Ireland could find the time out of his busy schedule to sign copies, then I'd greatly appreciate it if he could sign the cover art of my copy. If he signed it, then I'd definitely keep it for personal nostalgia

I could mail my cover art after I receive my game.
    PSN: lopez1679
    3DS FC: 1177-7236-7557
    "Achtung, baby"

I have no problem signing games for people, I've done hundreds of LUNARs, Dragon Force, etc, but this may be a bit too much at once. I won't be able to sign the cover liners because we won't be able to touch them before they are inserted in the case and wrapped, and I've found over the years that signing the wrap (especially the cig-style wrap used for games) is pretty fragile, even sharpie degrades on that surface because it's so slick. Plus, it's going to be pretty crazy getting all these shipped to begin with.

If you see me at Anime Expo or PAX or E3 or something, hit me up and I'll be happy to sign whatever you brought (within reason - someone sent me about 50 things one time, so I stopped having people send me stuff to sign then!).

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I have no problem signing games for people, I've done hundreds of LUNARs, Dragon Force, etc, but this may be a bit too much at once. I won't be able to sign the cover liners because we won't be able to touch them before they are inserted in the case and wrapped, and I've found over the years that signing the wrap (especially the cig-style wrap used for games) is pretty fragile, even sharpie degrades on that surface because it's so slick. Plus, it's going to be pretty crazy getting all these shipped to begin with.

If you see me at Anime Expo or PAX or E3 or something, hit me up and I'll be happy to sign whatever you brought (within reason - someone sent me about 50 things one time, so I stopped having people send me stuff to sign then!).
    Must be tough being famous
    I'll look you up in one of those conventions. And if you can, please visit Puerto Rico's Game Explosion Fest &/or PR Comic Con. They're the largest conventions (of this type) in the Caribbean, we'd love to have you :P