Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 Update 4/19/2013

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The point is if we had known about the rights problem earlier instead of literally at the last minute, we could have worked something out more palatable, but given that we're already months past when the game was ready and every day delayed pushes the rest of the series out on a dying (some would say dead) platform, moving forward was the best decision for the series, especially since fans will STILL get the opening animation in the patched online version. Other publishers would have just cut it and that would be that.
    Umm my question was more about the Sony QA haha ^^" sorry I made it a bit ambiguous but I'm glad that the game was actually released rather that held up I've read about the hardship you guys faced in the last minute because of the license and well delivering the best possible product was your intention rather that putting out a "filler" or whatever opening was just not cool and it was best to cut it and ad it later via update on the digital version. It's better this way IMO beacuse CH3 and other games wont get held up. I just asked about the Sony QA because the subject popped up and I find this stuff interesting hehe.

The point is if we had known about the rights problem earlier instead of literally at the last minute, we could have worked something out more palatable, but given that we're already months past when the game was ready and every day delayed pushes the rest of the series out on a dying (some would say dead) platform, moving forward was the best decision for the series, especially since fans will STILL get the opening animation in the patched online version. Other publishers would have just cut it and that would be that.

why put it out on the psp why didnt you just go 100% vita since many are saying the psp is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by hithereitsme View Post
    why put it out on the psp why didnt you just go 100% vita since many are saying the psp is dead.
    Because with the PSP we get great games to localize and the PSP installed base that's left PLUS the Vita base, instead of the relatively small Vita-only base. It's a safer bet for some very niche product.

Quote Originally Posted by hithereitsme View Post
    Because it's a PSP game? Gaijinworks just translates/localizes games that already exist in other languages, they don't port games to entirely different systems. The reason the game works on Vita is because the Vita is emulating the PSP (ie. its faking certain things so that code not designed for it will run).

Also, what Vic said.

I also have heard that the PS Vita maybe isn't doing too, too hot. If Aksys can still support the handheld, than Gaijinworks can as well.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Well, if its a PSP game, and it works on the Vita, it's still a new game for the Vita, right? I don't quite understand why people find its an issue that more obscure PSP games get released even though the PSP is "dead." More games is always a good thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_xRED View Post
    Hi,

Just read through the above stated information and was really bummed out when I realized that Amazon doesn't ship the game to Austria. So I wanted to ask, if there are any other options to order the game?
    We're doing the shipping, so that's not the problem, but Amazon will only allow the listed countries to be selected when completing the order they pass to us. Since we're using their checkout system, there's nothing we can do about it at this point. About all I can suggest is to have it shipped to a buddy of yours in a country that IS on the shipping list then have them forward it to you.
    Hi Vic,

Thanks for the reply. But yesterday after the game has gone on presale I gave it a try and ordered a copy. Somehow I expected that Amazon would state something like - Sorry, but this item can't be shipped to your destination - at the checkout, but my order went through smoothly. So I wanted to ask, if I can now jump for joy because I secured myself a copy of the game or should I rather expect to receive a cancellation email in the next few days?

Hi Vic,

Thanks for the reply. But yesterday after the game has gone on presale I gave it a try and ordered a copy. Somehow I expected that Amazon would state something like - Sorry, but this item can't be shipped to your destination - at the checkout, but my order went through smoothly. So I wanted to ask, if I can now jump for joy because I secured myself a copy of the game or should I rather expect to receive a cancellation email in the next few days?
    Now now, someone would have to actively try to mess up the release to get another Wizard's Edition fiasco.

Sorry for deviating from your concern, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity with Ni No Kuni and canceled special orders.
    Last edited by DeadElf_; 04-30-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Hi Vic,

When we were setting up the shipping for the production side, Austria was on the list of countries that were available for Europe, Other. It was *not* on the list that was provided in the sandbox mode when we were testing. So, I'm thinking maybe it's just old/outdated information on the sandbox side of the Amazon system. If Amazon approves your credit card information and address, *we're* not cancelling your order, so you should be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    Now now, someone would have to actively try to mess up the release to get another Wizard's Edition fiasco.
    No Digital River = Better for all of us.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast