Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 Update 4/19/2013

Quote Originally Posted by hithereitsme View Post
    why put it out on the psp why didnt you just go 100% vita since many are saying the psp is dead.
    "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

Seriously, the PSP is only dead for retailers and maybe casual gamers. There are still plenty of people out there with PSPs wanting to play these games. I'd say, at least 2700 from last poll!

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    No Digital River = Better for all of us.
    Everyone can be undyingly thankful that Digital River is not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    I also have heard that the PS Vita maybe isn't doing too, too hot. If Aksys can still support the handheld, than Gaijinworks can as well.
    It's actually doing pretty nicely in Japan now, but conversely, US sales are ABYSMAL. So yeah, I guess "not too hot" is an apt description. :P

Yup, Vita sales mostly picked up in Japan after they dropped the price there. I think it's a good system, but they need to demonstrate its value. Unfortunately, Sony's US marketing is just awful.

I just want them to stop releasing games on Vita at sub-native res. They include such a beautiful screen and then don't even take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pneuma08 View Post
    Yup, Vita sales mostly picked up in Japan after they dropped the price there. I think it's a good system, but they need to demonstrate its value. Unfortunately, Sony's US marketing is just awful.
    More "must have" games will help, but it's a chicken or egg thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    I just want them to stop releasing games on Vita at sub-native res. They include such a beautiful screen and then don't even take advantage of it.
    Agreed. I love my Vita but the amount of games released at sub-native rez and have horrible jaggies everywhere because of it that would have looked beautiful in the proper resolution is just weird.

Also, at least in Japan, aren't they still releasing PSP games? And pretty major titles at that? If anything that is the bigger hindrance to sales than prices or game selection (also important factors)

It just seems like the PSP --> Vita transition didn't happen smoothly. In Japan, the PSP was still getting great games for a good amount of time. Here in America, the PSP was basically completely dead for the casual player, so I think that effected the transition. On top of that, with cell phones being so popular, probably in both territories- portable gaming just isn't as necessary as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Also, at least in Japan, aren't they still releasing PSP games? And pretty major titles at that? If anything that is the bigger hindrance to sales than prices or game selection (also important factors)

It just seems like the PSP --> Vita transition didn't happen smoothly. In Japan, the PSP was still getting great games for a good amount of time. Here in America, the PSP was basically completely dead for the casual player, so I think that effected the transition. On top of that, with cell phones being so popular, probably in both territories- portable gaming just isn't as necessary as it used to be.
    Japan still has a lot of PSP titles out and upcoming. WAY more active than the US market. Look at the upcoming lists - the Japanese one is long. The US one is a few titles. There's a ton of great software stuck in Japan for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Japan still has a lot of PSP titles out and upcoming. WAY more active than the US market. Look at the upcoming lists - the Japanese one is long. The US one is a few titles. There's a ton of great software stuck in Japan for it.
    Sooo.... any chance GaijinWorks are gonna be working on those games as well?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast