Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 Update 4/19/2013

So, to clarify: Will this go on the PSN as soon as it passes QA (Well, to good old SOny Tuesday), or will we be waiting until the physical stuff can come out?

It will be *scheduled* for PSN as soon as it passes QA. There's usually a lag of a couple weeks between when it comes out of QA and when it shows up on PSN. The physical presales will be next week, and everyone who buys the physical+digital version will get their download code via email so they can download/play the game as soon as it's released, regardless of when the physical box with UMD and manual arrives in the mail.

The one wrinkle to this is the suggestion on the other page to hold the shipment of the physical version until we can put the opening on it, but I'm not sure the majority of fans would want that. We should probably do a poll. However, presales are happening next week, so there's not a lot of time to resolve this suggestion, plus since the download voucher is tied to the manufacturing PO, we may not even be able to split the physical and digital timing of the combo version.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The one wrinkle to this is the suggestion on the other page to hold the shipment of the physical version until we can put the opening on it, but I'm not sure the majority of fans would want that. We should probably do a poll. However, presales are happening next week, so there's not a lot of time to resolve this suggestion, plus since the download voucher is tied to the manufacturing PO, we may not even be able to split the physical and digital timing of the combo version.
    I'll use this opportunity to second this request :-). As mentioned multiple times the UMD release IMO is mainly for (J)RPG enthusiasts & collectors who were interested in the Kickstarter campaign & the previous polls. Until now we've waited patiently because we LOVE how you guys put all this effort in such a project. To be able to see it come to life it would be less than a piece of cake to wait a little longer. Just to make everyone happy-not only PSN purchasers.
    I would be willing to buy an additional copy from PSN to start playing the game while I wait for the best UMD version you guys can give us. I am sure I'm not the only supporter who thinks this way, am I?

I'm going to register a vote for "please release the game ASAP." I'm not a "collector" -- I buy games to play them -- and I have different, practical reasons for prefering a physical release. Let's be honest, COH games aren't known for their mind-blowing opening sequences. It's really not a big loss not to have it. And once it is available, we can just watch it on the Internet. Play the game now, watch the opening later; or wait even longer for everything--I definitely prefer the 1st option.

Seems like a poll is settled ;-)

I don't mind waiting longer for the physical version if the wait is reasonable.

Thanks for all the hard work Vic! I can't wait to order the physical+digital combo and can't wait to see the other games you have in store for us I will be keeping a lookout for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabee View Post
    I'll use this opportunity to second this request :-). As mentioned multiple times the UMD release IMO is mainly for (J)RPG enthusiasts & collectors who were interested in the Kickstarter campaign & the previous polls. Until now we've waited patiently because we LOVE how you guys put all this effort in such a project. To be able to see it come to life it would be less than a piece of cake to wait a little longer. Just to make everyone happy-not only PSN purchasers.
    I would be willing to buy an additional copy from PSN to start playing the game while I wait for the best UMD version you guys can give us. I am sure I'm not the only supporter who thinks this way, am I?
    I'd like to third this request as well. While I understand it has been a long time and people really want to play it, I don't want to feel like my physical copy is gimped in comparison to the Japanese/PSN release. Regardless if it is JUST the opening movie or not, for some weird reason that's what I look forward to the most when I boot up games like this - it just really helps to set the mood. Also, does this music issue mean that there is a problem with the ending song as well?

Really looking forward to this, but I'd really like to play the most complete game possible on release. No day one patch if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by FlamingFirewire; 04-20-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Grammatical Clarity

We'll have to see what is and isn't possible regarding waiting on the UMD shipment and sending the digital vouchers ahead. It may not even be possible to do it that way, but I'll look into it Monday. And I totally *get* the desire to watch the opening animation to "set the stage" for the game. That's why I always do translations of songs and re-record them rather than cut them. I want that experience for the English audience. This is the first time we've had an issue, and it was well after the whole thing was completed, even.

There's no issue with the closing credits. They're new for the US version. The Japanese version was just a text roll over a still picture, but for the US version we made a sort of scrapbook of your adventures and put the credits on pages that flip through to the end. Has a more "nostalgic", "final" feel to it. We also titled the scrapbook in keeping with the theme of the game. You'll have to see what that is for yourself...

Thanks for the quick update, hope to see the best possible outcome. Thanks for all the hard work you've done for the game!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast