Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your most anticipated game of 2014?

What's your most anticipated game of 2014?

Mine would easily have to be Monoliftsoft's X, for the Wii U.

Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg

http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=U...%2Ck%3Ax+wii+u

What's yours?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I want to like X but I'm honestly one of very few people that hasn't cared much for Monolith's games. I'm almost to Xenosaga Episode 3, but didn't care for the first game (second is okay) or Xenoblade. I have yet to play both Baten Kaitos games which are sitting in my backlog.

My most anticipated game is probably Drakengard 3, so I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. Next up would be the WM releases; Pier Solar HD, a Genesis Reprint, and Projects N and Y.

I don't have a Wii U , PS4, or Xbone. Still working on getting a PS3 and Vita first and playing numerous other games in the backlog.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 02-07-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Definitely Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for me. It's too early in the year to be looking very far ahead for 'might be released' titles that haven't received a release date at this point, or else Tales of Xillia 2 might be up there. Plus, with the drought of games that I'm interested in after, say, April, everything else pretty much pales in the face of TOSC. Even Toukiden (which releases next week).

Honorable mention to the Mega Man World games though, for the Virtual Console. Who knows when those'll be released in North America.

Well geez it's boring if I say the same thing right? Haha. But really it's probably X.

I'm actually pretty heavily anticipating Atelier Escha & Logy as well. Being the hopeless addict to the series that I am.

Honourable mentions for Xillia 2 and South Park the Stick of Truth.

@Macross: Xillia 2 will definitely be this year. I'd guess summer time.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

@Gypsy: I figure as much as well, but I try not to count games that don't have a release date yet. Or if it has one, I'm not aware of it, which would be my bad for making such a mistake. Still, I've been waiting years for the ToS update... I may never have to touch the GC version again.

Yeah there is no concrete info on it yet.

I'm not even sure if I will play Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. I'll probably wait for reports on how it runs before even opening it tbh since these releases can be dodgy. I have the originals so it's kinda like w/e to me. The figures with the CE are nice though, even if it is somewhat brutally priced.

I'm expecting it to be just a HD remaster of the PS2 version of the game, complete with the content that was never brought to America. I seem to remember hearing that the original voice cast had gone in to do more work on the game that was never actually used in the GC version... that said, that might simply be a bad memory of mine or wishful thinking. I don't think I've heard anyone say if the game is going to have new VA or if the English voice work is copy/pasted into the PS3 version of the game.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Witch and the Hundred Knights if only because of the delays >_<.

South Park and the Stick of Truth for me. Honorable mention would go to Trails SC, but at this point, who even knows if that will show up this year lol.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by macross_green View Post
    I'm expecting it to be just a HD remaster of the PS2 version of the game, complete with the content that was never brought to America. I seem to remember hearing that the original voice cast had gone in to do more work on the game that was never actually used in the GC version... that said, that might simply be a bad memory of mine or wishful thinking. I don't think I've heard anyone say if the game is going to have new VA or if the English voice work is copy/pasted into the PS3 version of the game.
    Well we aren't that far away now. Definitely leaving mine sealed for a bit.

@LoP: Yeah South Park and Witch both had massive delays. Could have both been 2013 games.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast