Page 1612 of 1670 FirstFirst ... 61211121512156216021610161116121613161416221662 ... LastLast
Results 16,111 to 16,120 of 16696

Thread: Collector's Cove (Post Pictures of Your Loot)

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Yeah Bugs Bunny in that condition Id value at 30, got it for like 12, but the only real big headscratcher is TC

What ive been told by a former employee a while back is they create a sticker price the first time a game gets traded in and a lot of times some of the dumb employees dont update them. So say Tail Concerto first entered their store 10 years ago, it may have been worth that price and theyve never updated it. They do things backwards kind of and their owner isnt a gamer. And their employees are kids (around 20 years old) alot of the time so they dont know retro. Its a very odd dynamic but it constantly works out in my friend and I's favor who frequent the store.
    There was a similar store here. Except with really old games they would just leave the price the same as long as they had a copy in stock. I believe if it ever sold out and they got it in again, they would update. I got some banger deals there over the years, but they went oob awhile ago.

That is definitely a store I'd be checking pretty frequently.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post

That is definitely a store I'd be checking pretty frequently.
    They have 4 locations to. And I definitely get there at least once a month. I can't even tell you the amount of games I have in my collection from them. They used to also do this thing where the CIB price was the same as their cart prices in the system. They literally just changed that recently but it was great for systems like N64 and SNES. Off the top of my head I think they would sell Kirby N64 and Paper Mario N64 for 19.99 cart only and one time they had both CIB in good shape for the same price and I grabbed them. It also happened with Kirby 3 for SNES. They were selling it 69.99 cart, but one day they also had a great CIB copy. They didnt understand for the longest time how the price can scale on those systems.

Im not a flipper but my friend and I a few years back would always go in and find 1-2 gameboy players with the disc in their store. They were selling them for 9.99 for the longest damn time. So we'd piece em out online or trade them for games. The other item they used to get in almost every month at all their stores was Def Jam NY for PS2, also priced 9.99. Game is worth around 50-60CIB. Those were the 2 big ones that they kept getting regularly. They finally raised the price of Def Jam to 39.99 just last year.

I remember posting about it in this thread a couple years ago but walking in and seeing Guardian Heroes for Saturn in 2017 just sitting there with a 14.99 price tag was beyond bizarre. Even more so right next to it Nascar 98 for Saturn also 14.99. Im not sure there was ever a time when GH was 14.99 so that price blew me away. Then around the same time they had a CIB copy of Shining Force III Saturn for 89.99 but they were running a 30% promo so my friend go it for under 70.

I'd say 80% of their prices are spot on but for a re-seller they are very lax.
    Last edited by DinoDerek; 01-17-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    They have 4 locations to. And I definitely get there at least once a month. I can't even tell you the amount of games I have in my collection from them. They used to also do this thing where the CIB price was the same as their cart prices in the system. They literally just changed that recently but it was great for systems like N64 and SNES. Off the top of my head I think they would sell Kirby N64 and Paper Mario N64 for 19.99 cart only and one time they had both CIB in good shape for the same price and I grabbed them. It also happened with Kirby 3 for SNES. They were selling it 69.99 cart, but one day they also had a great CIB copy. They didnt understand for the longest time how the price can scale on those systems.

Im not a flipper but my friend and I a few years back would always go in and find 1-2 gameboy players with the disc in their store. They were selling them for 9.99 for the longest damn time. So we'd piece em out online or trade them for games. The other item they used to get in almost every month at all their stores was Def Jam NY for PS2, also priced 9.99. Game is worth around 50-60CIB. Those were the 2 big ones that they kept getting regularly. They finally raised the price of Def Jam to 39.99 just last year.

I remember posting about it in this thread a couple years ago but walking in and seeing Guardian Heroes for Saturn in 2017 just sitting there with a 14.99 price tag was beyond bizarre. Even more so right next to it Nascar 98 for Saturn also 14.99. Im not sure there was ever a time when GH was 14.99 so that price blew me away. Then around the same time they had a CIB copy of Shining Force III Saturn for 89.99 but they were running a 30% promo so my friend go it for under 70.

I'd say 80% of their prices are spot on but for a re-seller they are very lax.
    Well, considering they're still in business I can't imagine what they're actually paying people for these games.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Purchased SD2Vita card adapter and a 128GB MicroSD card. I just checked my PS Vita 1000 model and it's at 3.65 fw, so I'm good to go for the hack! Will update to see how it goes. :P

But dem trophies!!

You still get trophies from pirated Vita games. You can even go online, use the PSN store, web browser, etc. It's undetectable.

Yep. Also SD2Vita is like $5. Totally worth it. Hard to even feel bad since Sony left it to rot.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yep. Also SD2Vita is like $5. Totally worth it. Hard to even feel bad since Sony left it to rot.
    i'm not familiar with what you guys are referring to but it sounds interesting. worth googling anyhow.

Basically a MicroSD adapter for the game card slot in ps vita. If you are under a certain firmware, it can be hacked to play backups etc. I get my items today so I can start it later on. But I have to find my vita usb cable. It’s been so long since I turned it on.

Edit: Found the cable! If all goes well, I'll do the PSTV as well. I haven't turned that on in quite a while. I think the last time I looked at it was when I was playing Tales of Hearts R (rental from Gamefly--remember them?!).
    Last edited by storino03; 01-18-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Seen mentions and the card on amazon. I need to look into it up more.
    Might use my 1k demo unit for it