Page 1 of 1667 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16669

Thread: Collector's Cove (Post Pictures of Your Loot)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,788

    Collector's Cove (Post Pictures of Your Loot)

    Prattle on about how collecting old games has gone down the tubes because of idiots, or discuss, and post pictures of, your horde !

    I've been building up a decent anime collection recently:
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4176/img2505hp.jpg
    http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1781/img2506ks.jpg
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9431/img2507in.jpg
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 05-03-2013 at 04:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Fabrizo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Prattle on about how collecting old games has gone down the tubes
    Collecting went down the tubes within a few years of ebay coming into existence. Before that no one really knew the value of games and so you could find some really rare and great games for cheap at Flea Markets and Pawn Shops. Used to be able to get any retro game for $1-10 as everyone priced used games per-system, no one does that anymore
    Trading in any to games for one game of the same system, knew a few pawn shops that did that too which was great at the ones with a large selections.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,788
    It's gotten worse in recent years, even PC games have gone up o_O.

  4. #4
    Eh, you still find deals allllllllll the time at thrift stores and flea markets and whatnot. Ebay has messed with prices pretty hard but the deals are still out there to be had. A couple of months ago I got a CIB NES Miracle Piano along with the CIB conversion kit (which I hear is extremely rare) at Goodwill for $20. Not an NES guy so I promptly traded it for a big stack of PS1 stuff, that's where my Vanguard Bandits and Elemental Gearbolt came from actually.

    http://i.imgur.com/LhnIFIT.jpg

    Here's a really lazy shot of a lot of my collection. Moving soon and I'm going to organize it a lot better than it currently is. Not pictured is my Wii stuff, my N64 stuff, my PS3 stuff, my Vita stuff, a whooole bunch of PS1 stuff I don't have shelf space for, and only a tiny little glimpse there of my PS2 and 360 stuff.

    Edit: Whoops, accidentally attached an older shot and I guess you can't delete it after posting it, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UnholyWarcry; 05-03-2013 at 06:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member PW_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Logan, UT
    Posts
    286
    I'm definitely going to have to get more organized before I can post mine. No way can I centralize it all in one room though. o_O

  6. #6
    Also if we're doing anime, here is my glorious and extensive anime collection.


    http://i.imgur.com/Oi3orvZ.jpg

    :P I love Tsukikage Ran but I haven't been able to find any more volumes of the series locally. Also it somehow got left out in the rain when I was younger. Trigun, though I love the series, was a random thrift store pickup. Had 2 volumes of it, dunno where the other one went. Zenki was another random thrift store pickup I had never heard of before. It's eh. Used to have a lot more stuff (Akira, Escaflowne, other classic stuff like that) but I traded the majority of it in a while ago figuring I'd upgrade to blu-ray. Haven't done it yet.

    The only one I actually went out of my way to purchase was Nichijou because Nichijou is hands down my favorite anime ever.

  7. #7
    Senior Member PW_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Logan, UT
    Posts
    286
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...81372700_n.jpg

    Here's a preview, in my current (very disorganized) state.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyWarcry View Post
    Eh, you still find deals allllllllll the time at thrift stores and flea markets and whatnot. Ebay has messed with prices pretty hard but the deals are still out there to be had. A couple of months ago I got a CIB NES Miracle Piano along with the CIB conversion kit (which I hear is extremely rare) at Goodwill for $20. Not an NES guy so I promptly traded it for a big stack of PS1 stuff, that's where my Vanguard Bandits and Elemental Gearbolt came from actually.

    http://i.imgur.com/LhnIFIT.jpg

    Here's a really lazy shot of a lot of my collection. Moving soon and I'm going to organize it a lot better than it currently is. Not pictured is my Wii stuff, my N64 stuff, my PS3 stuff, my Vita stuff, a whooole bunch of PS1 stuff I don't have shelf space for, and only a tiny little glimpse there of my PS2 and 360 stuff.

    Edit: Whoops, accidentally attached an older shot and I guess you can't delete it after posting it, lol.
    Thrift stores and the like are hit and miss dependent on the area, most of the ones around my area (and the local Craigslist) seem to think that higher than the internet and in worse condition is acceptable. My console libraries are <100 games save for Dreamcast which I'm going for a complete collection of. (PS2 will be close once I round up the 20 or so games I have yet to get)

    Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...81372700_n.jpg

    Here's a preview, in my current (very disorganized) state.
    That doesn't look too disorganized. A NeoGeo cabinet, color me jealous !
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 05-08-2013 at 02:25 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member PW_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Logan, UT
    Posts
    286
    The shelves are the disorganized part, especially the manga by the NeoGeo, but also that some of the other shelves are double-rowed for the time being.

    Edit: Keep in mind I'm OCD, so anything short of "all games on shelves by system in alphabetical order" is horrifically sloppy.
    Last edited by PW_Patrick; 05-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.

  10. #10
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    It's gotten worse in recent years, even PC games have gone up o_O.
    Got that right. I was shocked to see that my holographic box version of Daggerfall is going for $100. Wow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •