Page 11 of 1670 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector's Cove (Post Pictures of Your Loot)

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy86 View Post
    I love looking at other people's collections. I'm currently putting shelves a room to hold the large amount of toys and figures in the house, and the living room has six 6' shelves filled with games and anime. And there's still more around the house. And the boxes of VHS. And...

Well, you get the point. I'll try to post pictures when it's more organized. Here's some of the games, though.

Attachment 96
    Nice.

Here's a list of my available anime, if anyone is interested:
    D.I.C.E. Season 1 and 2 sets.
    Lucky Star C. Collection Anime Legends
    Divergence Eve Misaki Chronicles thin pak (2nd season)
    Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters 2 (former library)
    Ninja Cadets (former rental)
    GTO Vol. 6-10
    The Place Promised In Our Early Days

I've also got Black God (Kurokami) vol. 1, 2, 3, 6, and 12 - 19.

Speaking of Atlantic shelves, I just ordered one for my movies, I get the joy of assembling it sometime tomorrow .
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 06-05-2013 at 07:03 PM.

I've had problems with the Vizio soundbar not working with all of my games. It's currently unplugged, but will be set up again later this week since I found a better optical cable. My last cable was apparently made in someone's garage as it does not stay plugged in to the optical port.

Lately these shelves have been a godsend. I'd love to install this type in the living room in order to display all the games and DVDs in one fell swoop, but some serious financial backing needs to happen first.

IMG_20130605_141440_042.jpg

I've had problems with the Vizio soundbar not working with all of my games. It's currently unplugged, but will be set up again later this week since I found a better optical cable. My last cable was apparently made in someone's garage as it does not stay plugged in to the optical port.

Lately these shelves have been a godsend. I'd love to install this type in the living room in order to display all the games and DVDs in one fell swoop, but some serious financial backing needs to happen first.

IMG_20130605_141440_042.jpg
    Amazon's cords are pretty reliable. How does the soundbar sound, can it compete with a surround setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Amazon's cords are pretty reliable. How does the soundbar sound, can it compete with a surround setup?
    The original cord was from an Amazon vendor, but not Amazon. I'll keep that in mind. The Vizio sounds great when a game or movie would play through it. I disconnected it because getting it to work with all of the my media was a crapshoot and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

The original cord was from an Amazon vendor, but not Amazon. I'll keep that in mind. The Vizio sounds great when a game or movie would play through it. I disconnected it because getting it to work with all of the my media was a crapshoot and I can't figure it out for the life of me.
    What kind of, and how many, audio inputs does it have?

I finally got my Saturn SCART (RGB) today, the video quality is outstanding (especially compared to composite).
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 06-05-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Where did you get the shelves if you don't mind me asking? I am looking for a better shelving solution.
    I always recommend the IKEA Billy Bookcase. They're durable, inexpensive, and very customizable in my experience. I have several of them and they are almost perfect for Sega CD/Saturn longboxes as well.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/83688210/

Comparison shots:

Composite

RGB

It's kind of hard to tell from my pictures but, the RGB signal is waaaaay better than the composite. Both are being run through an iScan VP30.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Comparison shots:

It's kind of hard to tell from my pictures but, the RGB signal is waaaaay better than the composite. Both are being run through an iScan VP30.
    Looks very good. Less bleeding and better color definition. really obvious on the reds and greens. How is the deinterlacing? I get a bit obsessive when dealing with legacy analog signals and am in the process of sourcing a good quality CRT for my game room, which is nearing completion. I haven't found a scaler that I think is even close to being acceptable, even at "pro" level prices.

What kind of, and how many, audio inputs does it have?

I finally got my Saturn SCART (RGB) today, the video quality is outstanding (especially compared to composite).
    1 optical, 2 stereo. 1 subwoofer out. Hooking it up again right now, but using some online advice to make sure it's all hunky dory.

Also, fantastic to see the Saturn SCART works. As we move stuff around a few of the older systems, like the TG-16 and Dreamcast; will make their way to the newer TVs with the appropriate hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Looks very good. Less bleeding and better color definition. really obvious on the reds and greens. How is the deinterlacing? I get a bit obsessive when dealing with legacy analog signals and am in the process of sourcing a good quality CRT for my game room, which is nearing completion. I haven't found a scaler that I think is even close to being acceptable, even at "pro" level prices.
    Very good, though you'll be better off with a good CRT judging by your post.