Page 51 of 1670 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector's Cove (Post Pictures of Your Loot)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    You never know what you would find at a thrift store

I regularly visit the local salvation army to check what may have been donated, I found a boxed Sega Master System with everything it originally came with and 20 boxed/manual SMS games with it just last weekend for $15,
    hooked it up and it worked perfectly so I took it to one of the retro game stores in town, 5 of the 20 games were factory sealed, 1 was a sealed copy of Phantasy Star, the other four were sports titles
    Wow, very nice! I've been looking for a copy of Phantasy Star myself but can't seem to pull the trigger on ebay copies since they've gotten so pricey now. I can't imagine what a sealed copy would go for.

It would probably get pretty crazy. It's something I would auction. The only one on ebay is some crazy seller with a VGA graded one. I'd bet you'd get at least $300, maybe more and it's always possible that a couple insane people get chippy with each other.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    It would probably get pretty crazy. It's something I would auction. The only one on ebay is some crazy seller with a VGA graded one. I'd bet you'd get at least $300, maybe more and it's always possible that a couple insane people get chippy with each other.
    Yea, I got $375 for everything, so a $360 profit, I bought so many amazon cards to get the recent series' I got into though I'm extremely pissed at myself for not getting into Maison Ikkoku back when the manga and dvds were still in print

half of the manga is still available directly from amazon themselves

Volumes 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15,

Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 were only avail. from other sellers so those were the pricy ones I'll get eventually

I gotta save up for Otakon so I'm only getting 2 or 3 more games this year
    I hope there are some interesting guests at this years Otakon
    Nobuo Uematsu was at 2012 Otakon but I didn't make it that year

I'm thinking of cosplaying as Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku but I dunno how it would turn out
    Uchiha Itachi is one of the other characters I'm considering
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 04-16-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Not bad, I don't know everything in the lot but that's a fairly decent quick turnaround on it. Not sure how easy it is to sell SMS stuff on ebay since I don't often deal with it. I said earlier that I don't really trade in high value stuff but this reminds me the exception is when I can't find data on something and it's hard to sell. I'd rather get $40 for a DVD I got at a pawn shop for $2 than potentially sit for months and months (I've done this before, it's not particularly fun). Sometimes I'll use the offer system on ebay and sell legitimately rare stuff that way but it does get really annoying to sift through the offers so I've started saying I'm open to offers in the text while having the actual obo thing disabled. The other thing is some stores really just operate off the amazon market place so sometimes getting 30-40% of some insane price is better than getting the full price of what it's actually worth. I've only had that happen 5-ish times but it's always best to know all of your options.

And yeah the Maison Ikkoku dvds are ridiculous. Some of the sets are basically unable to be bought for me because I refuse to pay the insane asking prices. Like $500+ for some sets last I knew. Screw that.

Got around to watching that tube video. Yeah those are garbage labels.

Edit: B2G1 sale at Vintage stock starting Friday for anyone that has them in their area.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 04-16-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Not bad, I don't know everything in the lot but that's a fairly decent quick turnaround on it. Not sure how easy it is to sell SMS stuff on ebay since I don't often deal with it. I said earlier that I don't really trade in high value stuff but this reminds me the exception is when I can't find data on something and it's hard to sell. I'd rather get $40 for a DVD I got at a pawn shop for $2 than potentially sit for months and months (I've done this before, it's not particularly fun). Sometimes I'll use the offer system on ebay and sell legitimately rare stuff that way but it does get really annoying to sift through the offers so I've started saying I'm open to offers in the text while having the actual obo thing disabled. The other thing is some stores really just operate off the amazon market place so sometimes getting 30-40% of some insane price is better than getting the full price of what it's actually worth. I've only had that happen 5-ish times but it's always best to know all of your options.

And yeah the Maison Ikkoku dvds are ridiculous. Some of the sets are basically unable to be bought for me because I refuse to pay the insane asking prices. Like $500+ for some sets last I knew. Screw that.

Got around to watching that tube video. Yeah those are garbage labels.

Edit: B2G1 sale at Vintage stock starting Friday for anyone that has them in their area.
    yea the Maison Ikkoku DVD box set prices are insane

on Amazon the first three sets are under $100 but Set 4 $115, Set 5 $150, Set 6 $250, Set 7 $190 and Set 8 $480

Theres a listing of all sets together for $2000

I'll probaly go after the VHS releases just to have every NA Maison Ikkoku release even though the VHS version never made it anywhere near the 96th episode over here so the complete series is only avail. on DVD
    the problem there will be some of them could possibly have torn/ripped boxes or possibly no box at all, the comic version would be worse to try to collect since theres no guarantee that all the issues could be obtained in mint or near mint condition, not to mention the comic version and the first print of the manga, the chapters are out of order and some of the chapters are missing completely

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Vizmedia because of that, Maison Ikkoku was probaly one of their first series to release in English so of course it wouldn't be 100% perfect
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 04-16-2014 at 09:37 PM.

I'm holding hope that it will get released again since Ranma did.

I'm holding hope that it will get released again since Ranma did.
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialVIZ...t=feed_comment

Those prices are just insane. It appears it does have enough demand to keep those prices so someone should re-release the series.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Those prices are just insane. It appears it does have enough demand to keep those prices so someone should re-release the series.
    Yea, I'm giving my support for the Ranma 1/2 dvd sets and possibly the bluray set in hope of the
    Maison Ikkoku dvds getting attention next, those I WILL get on both dvd and bluray

but the reprint of the Ranma 1/2 manga, why the hell can't Vizmedia just reprint the single volumes like the previous print run....
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 04-17-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I don't pretend to understand these companies. Sometimes they reprint something with minimal value. While King Gainer was announced but is taking for ever.

New Video Group are champions of the universe though.