Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Soundtracks

Gaming Soundtracks

Discuss all things related to gaming music.

My all-time favorites are:

Dark Cloud 2
    Nier
    Ar tonelico 2
    Etrian Odyssey IV
    Persona 4
    Persona 3
    Paper Mario Sticker Star (sooooo freakin good~)

I'm getting a little excited for Drakengard 3 because the composer/producer of Nier's OST is also working on Drakengard's music
    PSN: lopez1679
    3DS FC: 1177-7236-7557
    "Achtung, baby"

I think anything by Noriyuki Iwadare is the starting point for my greatest-soundtracks list. Especially the first two Grandias. Nobody knows battle themes like that guy though some seem to be stepping up (Noriyasu Agematsu is quickly becoming a favorite).

Awesome choice on Nier. My favorite RPG this generation hands down and one of my favorite games of all time tbh. I had no idea there was gonna be a Drakengard 3, I need to play through my copies of 1 and 2 now.

As for my personal favorite, while it's a reeeeeeeeeeally tough choice I'd probably go with Chrono Cross.

Mega Man music, especially the Elec Man theme which may be my favorite video game theme, usually manages to stick itself in my head.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

For me... Wow, let's see. I'll probably have to go with top 10 best soundtracks (to me). In no particular order:

Phantasy Star IV
    Chronotrigger
    Suikoden V
    Tales of Symphonia
    Mega Man 2
    Mega Man X
    Monster Hunter Tri U
    Ar Tonelico 2
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Persona 4

Honorable Mentions:

Breath of Fire IV
    Final Fantasy VI
    SMT: Nocturne
    Metroid
    Punch Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    Mega Man music, especially the Elec Man theme which may be my favorite video game theme, usually manages to stick itself in my head.
    This, the old NES Mega Man music was epic, especially Mega Man 2. There wasn't a boss theme in that game that didn't blow me away with pure epicness :0
    "Achtung, baby"

Quote Originally Posted by lolipez007 View Post
    This, the old NES Mega Man music was epic, especially Mega Man 2. There wasn't a boss theme in that game that didn't blow me away with pure epicness :0
    The fact that the both of us really enjoyed that music is a testament to the intent of the series, beyond the rock paper scissors dynamic was the feeling of emphasizing music by naming the characters Rock, Roll, Blues, Gospel. I've also heard that the person behind the music was so frustrated by the sound limitations of the NES, and managed to actually plant more music tracks in a NES game, Mega Man I, than what was going on at the time.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

I'd forgotten about the Sonic Adventure 2 OST. A lot of that music is great... unfortunately, some of it wasn't quite my kinda music, so it didn't make my list. Sonic Generations OST, on the other hand, was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    The fact that the both of us really enjoyed that music is a testament to the intent of the series, beyond the rock paper scissors dynamic was the feeling of emphasizing music by naming the characters Rock, Roll, Blues, Gospel. I've also heard that the person behind the music was so frustrated by the sound limitations of the NES, and managed to actually plant more music tracks in a NES game, Mega Man I, than what was going on at the time.
    Really? Wow, I'm thankful to them for their efforts because the music alone made me check out each and every subsequent numbered Mega Man title released. I'm not sure, but is/was the composer of the NES Mega Man games involved in games like the Ace Attorney series and Ghost Trick?
    "Achtung, baby"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast