Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PSP Vs. Vita. DS Lite Vs. 3DS.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    I still need to get Jeanne D'Arc. I WORSHIP Level-5.
    Hard to beat this price, new: http://www.amazon.com/Jeanne-Darc-So...qid=1367937006

Yeah, seriously. Just two more days until I get paid...

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I know that Imageepoch gets a lot of hate, but I really liked Arc Rise Fantasia. For me, it was a breath of fresh air to get *both* an old-school RPG, and a game that had at least some degree of challenge (those boss fights). I know that the localization was very poor, but it was among my favorite console RPGs of this generation.

I can't speak for any of their other games though, as I've never played them. I've had Luminous Arc and Sands of Destruction on my list of games to buy though, when I get a DS.
    I completely agree about ARF. That game had a lot of potential (the themes it raises are verrry interesting, with a lot more depth than I expected), and it's a damn shame that they butchered the voices so badly. I should crack it open and finish it one of these days. (The problem is there's just so many other things to play which are unfortunately better.)

Wish I could find Fate/Extra for $9. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by pneuma08 View Post
    I completely agree about ARF. That game had a lot of potential (the themes it raises are verrry interesting, with a lot more depth than I expected), and it's a damn shame that they butchered the voices so badly. I should crack it open and finish it one of these days. (The problem is there's just so many other things to play which are unfortunately better.)
    Be ready to get your ass handed to you on the final battle. Probably one of the most challenging boss fights I've played for the past few generations of consoles. I never really had to level grind through most of the game. It was challenging, but fair if you had a proper strategy in order and looked for the warning signs when a boss was going to let loose. But all that pretty much goes out the window on the last battle. It's probably rage-quit level for most gamers; if they even made it that far to begin with.

I love games that aren't afraid to make most gamers cry with rage.

I have ARF but it didn't really pull me in when I tried it. I sat down for one initial session and haven't gone back since. There's a pretty good game in there once you dig deeper?

Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    I have ARF but it didn't really pull me in when I tried it. I sat down for one initial session and haven't gone back since. There's a pretty good game in there once you dig deeper?
    Yeah. Its hard to get past the absurd voice acting and annoying plot early on. I was pretty certain that I was going to completely regret buying the game. But I stuck with it and enjoyed it after the first few hours had passed.

I won't say that it does anything revolutionary. It is pretty much just about as much of an absolute homage to the old school console RPG as you can possibly get. With the right localization, it would probably be held in much higher regard. I just really appreciated the challenges and old school style.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345