Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Vs. Vita. DS Lite Vs. 3DS.

I would definitely suggest a PSP for right now. They are fairly cheap, and the library of games is expansive even when you take into consideration that there are still tons of good games left untranslated!

I'm not saying a Vita is a bad buy, but there are some PSP titles not available digitally that you could miss out on. Further, if you have that kind of cash to throw around, you could get a PSP and a year full of games for the price of a Vita.... and maybe by next year the Vita will have some more exciting titles (or be completely dead in the water)

On the DS side, I'd go with the 3DS. The price is a little better than the Vita, but the main reason is that there are more games available for the 3DS! On top of that, there is a pretty big jump in quality between the DS and 3DS. You can still play the old DS games and there are some gems on there, but the handheld never really produced quality visuals and the 3DS is more capable in that department.

DS Lite vs 3DS? The stronger your interest in 3DS games, the better it is to just get a 3DS. The 3DS can play DS games. Actually, it's kind of funny. 3DS can play DS, but GBA. DS can play GBA, but not GB/GBC. So I'd half expect the next system in line from Nintendo to be able to play 3DS games, but not DS games....

PSP vs Vita is a bit trickier. Vita can play PSP games, so you get access to two libraries. Yet as already mentioned, Vita can't play physical PSP games. So it's a bit of a toss up there. Depending on what desire you have.

For the record, I have a PSP and DS Lite. I also have a 3DS. I also plan to get a Vita in the future. I just need to decide the right time to go for it..... Yeah, I pretty much went with that option.

Hrm... yeah, I'd say to go with a 3DS (or XL) in that line. While the 3DS is region-locked, it doesn't apply to the original DS games, so that route stays open. On the Sony front, I'd say the PSP is a great pickup with all its games, and the games on PSN can be had without buying insanely priced memory cards. (That, and the UMD route you mentioned... also not region-locked.) Unless there are some Vita games you really want, though, I'd say you probably can hold off there, especially if it's really just the PSP games you're interested in.
    -dunno001
    -CoH2? Yeah, that can Come on Here 2! ^_^

If you want to be future proofed go with the Vita, it's be supported for years to come. The PSP library on Vita isn't the same as the whole PSP library but the great majority are (including all Atlus, NISA,Xseed,Aksys and Gaijinworks/WD PS1 classics save for a few picks) you also get an extra load if you have a PS3(because some of the PSP PSN games are transferable to Vita via PS3) doesn't matter how you get a hold of a PS3 whether it's yours or someone else's. Thanks to Vita's feature-set some PSP games also play/look better (God Eater is amazing with the second analog stick and touchscreen, Ys I & II look beyond awesome and Armored Core 3 plays better thanks to the custom control scheme and looks better in some areas than the PS2 version) there are a variety of such cases. On a side note if you're into Persona, it's the only system that has all 5 Persona games (and readily available for that matter)

For the DS, go for the 3DS XL it plays everything (and I think BC looks better that the regular one) unless you want to go for GBA/GB but a very small selection of those titles are also available through the e-shop.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Go for all four if you can, just avoid spending more than $50 (each) for a DS or PSP (like Fabrizo said, they can be had around $50 or less). For the 3DS and Vita you could try stalking Craigslist for a good deal if you aren't in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    On a side note if you're into Persona, it's the only system that has all 5 Persona games (and readily available for that matter)
    False. I can play P1/P2IS/P2EP/P3Fes/P4 on my PS2 on the glory only a TV can provide. Just saying.

I think that's where the "readily available" part comes in. Getting a stock PS2 in and of itself won't bring you very close to playing Innocent Sin, however nice it would be.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Speaking of Persona, I have most of the games on the PS1 and PS2. I've been looking for a good point to start the series.

I picked up a PSP yesterday and found Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Now I can play the whole series.

Thanks to everyone for input on the PSP / Vita / and 3DS.

Welcome aboard. What model did you land? 1001, 2000, or 3000?

Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    I think that's where the "readily available" part comes in. Getting a stock PS2 in and of itself won't bring you very close to playing Innocent Sin, however nice it would be.
    Oh that part but well still the "only console" claim is wrong.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast