Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magus (PS3 Action.RPG) developed by Aksys Games has released (Feb 25th): Thoughts?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    This game was undoubtedly developed by Acquire. Check out the credits. A lot of the team can be traced back to Acquire and I doubt that they work directly for Black Tower. Coincidentally, it would seem that a lot of them worked on Deka Voice and Rain.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/760435-magus/credit

hmm never heard of the game, like some said might pick it up when its a bargin bin title.

I thought this was funny.
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2014/042814c.html

Instead of requesting to be green lit, they should of probably joined the E.T. graveyard collection with all the unsold Magus copies

Lol, I dunno how I missed this thread. The RPGamer review was hilarious, at 4 hours long it's finally a RPG I have time to beat though.

Added to my wishlist, it's already at $20 within a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    This game was undoubtedly developed by Acquire. Check out the credits. A lot of the team can be traced back to Acquire and I doubt that they work directly for Black Tower. Coincidentally, it would seem that a lot of them worked on Deka Voice and Rain.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/760435-magus/credit
    Actually it was formed from some staff from Acquire and elsewhere, but isn't Acquire-owned. The guy in the video on youtube was our main contact at Acquire before he left to do this company.

4 hours, since its an rpg, that's even worse than the hour and half run time of MGS Ground Zero.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/magus

It got a 32, and that is with one guy who lost his mind and admitted it was a terrible game and then gave it a 75, which with only 8 total scores skews the game a lot. The actual score should be 26. The sad thing is even with the adjusted score, it is not the lowest rated game on metacritic.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    4 hours, since its an rpg, that's even worse than the hour and half run time of MGS Ground Zero.
    It's that short too?
    Well MGS2 was that long. Speed runs even less.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Actually it was formed from some staff from Acquire and elsewhere, but isn't Acquire-owned. The guy in the video on youtube was our main contact at Acquire before he left to do this company.
    I kinda figured that perhaps they contracted Acquire to program it, as he had plenty of contacts there. He must have had some good friends to convince some people to hop on the bandwagon to join his new company.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I kinda figured that perhaps they contracted Acquire to program it, as he had plenty of contacts there. He must have had some good friends to convince some people to hop on the bandwagon to join his new company.
    With lower level pubs, it happens all the time in Japan. There's quite a bit of movement we don't see/hear about since the companies are much lower profile.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    It's that short too?
    Well MGS2 was that long. Speed runs even less.
    The problem is the speed run on MGS 2, was literally that a speed run, the game on average probably takes at least 5-8 hours. This game takes 1 and half on average, and in a speed run I have heard as low as 7 minutes to beat the game. 7 minutes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast