Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pier Solar (and the HD version coming out in April)...Anyone play this game?

Pier Solar (and the HD version coming out in April)...Anyone play this game?

Originally released on the Sega Genesis at the tail end of 2010, and a few reprints later, it is finally coming out (in "HD") on the Sega Dreamcast, PSN, Xbox Live Arcade, Wii U eShop, etc etc.

I have the reprint of Pier Solar on Genesis, but haven't opened it. I also have a rom on my original Wii, and then I have the Collector's Edition for the Dreamcast preordered. With that said, I'll probably end up playing it on my PS3 as the console of choice.

Has anyone played this? Is it good?

Official Website:http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/

Wii U eShop Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDyyP5yrYUM
    Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIh2JyZqpe8
    Last edited by storino03; 03-09-2014 at 09:57 PM.

I have not played it yet wish I would've gotten in on the collector's editions when they were still up and around but I will be eagerly awaiting the Steam release.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I have the reprint Genesis and Dreamcast versions preordered. Never played it since in waiting for it to ship but it looks like a decent 16 bit RPG.

I also invested in Project Y.

I have the reprint version. Dreamcast collector's edition was backed via kickstarter plus a digital version or two. Waiting on the digital copy to actually play it.

I will likely get Project X and Y, however I have not invested in them yet.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

I've been wanting to play it, but I never even knew of the game 'til it was way too late to pick up a Genesis copy. Now, I'll just get it on whatever portable manages to get it first, most likely.

Forgot to mention I also got the Limited 3 disc OST when it was available, which they aren't printing more of.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Forgot to mention I also got the Limited 3 disc OST when it was available, which they aren't printing more of.
    Actually, there will be an announcement soon for a limited availability on this (according to Tulio).

Quote Originally Posted by macross_green View Post
    I've been wanting to play it, but I never even knew of the game 'til it was way too late to pick up a Genesis copy. Now, I'll just get it on whatever portable manages to get it first, most likely.
    Preorder the Genesis reprint. It will bring us one step closer to a release. They haven't had enough so they have been waiting until Project N and Y are complete.

It'll never be fulfilled because they don't have the demand numbers in order to make the reprint run profitable.

The OST availability is whatever stock they have left over from the Kickstarter campaign. I got in on it when it was $21 shipped. It's a nice novelty item, but I wouldn't pay more for it.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    It'll never be fulfilled because they don't have the demand numbers in order to make the reprint run profitable.

The OST availability is whatever stock they have left over from the Kickstarter campaign. I got in on it when it was $21 shipped. It's a nice novelty item, but I wouldn't pay more for it.
    They seem to be pretty confident that it will. They just seem to be lumping all carts into a single manufacturing run. Still, I'll believe it when it arrives at my door.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast