Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pier Solar (and the HD version coming out in April)...Anyone play this game?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I'd love a copy if anyone is an investor and can faithfully order another one for me.
    I'll PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I'd love a copy if anyone is an investor and can faithfully order another one for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I'll PM you.
    I am trying to remember if I invested in this or not. If I didn't, and you are willing, I would be interested.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I am trying to remember if I invested in this or not. If I didn't, and you are willing, I would be interested.
    Log into their site. It will tell you right away if you go to the link that I posted.

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en...ty_2/specials/

Am i able to still order the Dreamcast version ? i never even knew about it until now.

Yep you can on their website.

Out of the two projects Y looked terrible (for one its a fighter), so I only invested enough to be considered an investor, I might pick up one copy, but what are you supposed to go by?

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Out of the two projects Y looked terrible (for one its a fighter), so I only invested enough to be considered an investor, I might pick up one copy, but what are you supposed to go by?
    Out of curiosity, what were you basing it off of?

They've not shown any screenshots other than two leaked that detail the characters. I honestly have a feeling that it's going to be a pretty good Streets of Rage clone, which is to say that it would be excellent.

I am a big fan of RPGs, certainly, but I've always also enjoyed the beat-em-up genre or anything else that can be played with a group of friends. But I tend to like most genres when it comes to retro games. It will be interesting to see how it turns out on a 16-bit machine after 20+ years of genre refinements.

They said project Y is fighter, and they had that one picture of the guy that looked awful, and that project N was action adventure or something like that. Based on that I went with Project N/M? and only invested enough in Y that I could change my mind later.

Thats exactly my point, how do they expect people to invest based on practically nothing.

It's all a business model for a way to get more development money in exchange for feedback that should have been offered for free.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    They said project Y is fighter, and they had that one picture of the guy that looked awful, and that project N was action adventure or something like that. Based on that I went with Project N/M? and only invested enough in Y that I could change my mind later.
    It's actually a beat-em-up, rather than a fighter; Streets of Rage / Final Fight / Double Dragon / Golden Axe instead of Street Fighter / Garou / Guilty Gear / Mortal Kombat. Both were very popular genres for gamers in the Late '80s through the '90s. It's supposed to employ "RPG elements", but the level of this is unknown. I suspect that it will be something akin to Double Dragon Neon's shop and experience / move system, or the similar system in River City Ransom.

The art style does look a bit odd from the few concept pictures, but I think that it's supposed to have a bit of a dystopia / cyberpunk theme:
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/bran...rs-controversy (<- the idiot that wrote this article cited "controversy" but it was just some dumb spin to get reads. There was no controversy.)

I'm suspecting that Project N is a Secret of Mana styled game that borrows on Greek mythology. I'll bet that game is way further down the line than project Y though. They seem to have far less activity on it.

Thats exactly my point, how do they expect people to invest based on practically nothing.
    I've said the same thing to them in the past in their forums. Even if you do invest, they provide virtually no information to the "investors" throughout the development. The only thing that it seems to get you is access to an investor's version of the game / accessories.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 04-16-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast