Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Mystery RPG - Playing Sherlock Holmes here ;)

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Vic's last Twitter post mentions this is a more well-known title.
    The only one I can think of that's well known would be Suikoden 1 & 2, and I hope it's not it, not because these would be bad, but because it wouldn't be anything new for most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    The only one I can think of that's well known would be Suikoden 1 & 2, and I hope it's not it, not because these would be bad, but because it wouldn't be anything new for most of us.
    It could be the Suikoden game we did not get, and he meant it as a well known franchise not game. Or who knows maybe VC 3.

The only one I can think of that's well known would be Suikoden 1 & 2
    Hmm, so a turn-based rpg that's fairly well known, is not from square or Atlus, and probably doesn't have a fan localization? Yea it's probably a Suikoden.
    I'd be very happy with Suikoden 1 or 2 coming over, as I never played them before and can't bring myself to bother knowing that there are (arguably) superior, but unlocalized, versions out there.

The whole 'well known' thing sort of throws out my hopes of it being Far East of Eden though, what with it never having a localized title

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    It could be the Suikoden game we did not get
    Ugh, I hope not. From what I've heard that's supposed to be one of the worst game in the series.
    Last edited by Fabrizo1; 03-27-2014 at 01:58 PM.

I'd love to play Suiko 2 without breaking the bank.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Come to think about it, the only problem I actually see with it being Suikoden 1&2 is that it's two games in one and Vic had described it to the best of my recollection as being a massive 'game', not games.

Ok I'm gonna pull out some facts I dug up for this post.

Thanks to Almighty we crossed out a developer:

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that it's not coming from Hit Maker
    THAT is a safe bet. Well done.
    XDXDXDXD ok but seriously, from a speculation I did right before CH2G was announced, Vic X-ed out some VC3 and Suikoden. (The post also mentions CH2G)

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I think it's gonna be something unexpected but not on the scope of a huge PSP title. Perhaps something GW is working on the side? Either way the site does say we'll know about 2014's plans early next year. Hopefully in January we'll know all 3 GW projects that we know about.
    This speculation is closest to the mark, but it will be a bit more, just not Suikoden or VC3 (though we're still pushing to try to make something happen with both of those). One of them will have first-of-its-kind-in-the-wild tech for PSP/Vita to my knowledge. Ken's been working overtime to do something really cool that wasn't in the Japanese release. As with many things I did at WD, when other RPG companies see this, it will be copied. I guarantee it.
    I recall a more formal quote saying that it wasn't VC3 but I couldn't find the post.

Then Fabrizo dug some comments cutting removing Suikoden, OMDB and Venus & Braves :

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    So Vic has been saying probably more then he should over at neogaf about the new psp game, and narrowed it down a bit more as a result. We can say for sure it's not any of these games now:

Over My Dead Body / Oreshika : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...7&postcount=79
    Suikoden series : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=157
    Venus and Braves : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...3&postcount=46

He also said it's from a "major publisher", and later brought up Konami and Sony.
    I'm certain that hidden in the threads there are other games that were X-ed out, I thought FEoE was one but I couldn't find the post. In any case we know it's a game in the PSP game request compilation and that it's a type of turn based RPG, we just don't know which. 0-0

If it's from a relatively well known series, what if it's the last Shining Force game? Not that there's necessarily a connection but WD did release Shining Wisdom on the Saturn, it may not be that far fetched.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I would be extremely pleased with new SF or the Suikoden we never got, regardless of how they did in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Ok I'm gonna pull out some facts I dug up for this post.

Thanks to Almighty we crossed out a developer:

XDXDXDXD ok but seriously, from a speculation I did right before CH2G was announced, Vic X-ed out some VC3 and Suikoden. (The post also mentions CH2G)

I recall a more formal quote saying that it wasn't VC3 but I couldn't find the post.

Then Fabrizo dug some comments cutting removing Suikoden, OMDB and Venus & Braves :

I'm certain that hidden in the threads there are other games that were X-ed out, I thought FEoE was one but I couldn't find the post. In any case we know it's a game in the PSP game request compilation and that it's a type of turn based RPG, we just don't know which. 0-0

If it's from a relatively well known series, what if it's the last Shining Force game? Not that there's necessarily a connection but WD did release Shining Wisdom on the Saturn, it may not be that far fetched.
    I don't recall him ever eliminating Far East of Eden. He had previously said that it was a Hudson game and Konami didn't seem to have interest in letting people publish their titles. Konami then let someone publish a Tengai Makyo, either mobile or card game iirc. Vic then said something to the effect that they may be willing after that got licensed. He did have good relations with Hudson and RED. When I get time I will go back and look for it.

He crossed out anything from Square-Enix.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    That's a good guess. There were three "Shining" games on the PSP, and the series has become relatively ignored by SEGA in the west. Any of these could be a very likely candidate. And SEGA is certainly a "major publisher".

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I don't recall him ever eliminating Far East of Eden. He had previously said that it was a Hudson game and Konami didn't seem to have interest in letting people publish their titles. Konami then let someone publish a Tengai Makyo, either mobile or card game iirc. Vic then said something to the effect that they may be willing after that got licensed. He did have good relations with Hudson and RED. When I get time I will go back and look for it.

He crossed out anything from Square-Enix.
    This is really what I want. 4th Apocalypse! More than just about any other PSP game.

Coincidentally, I just played a quick run-through of my new PC Engine Tengai Makyou games last night. Kabuki Den had me cracking up! Still floors me how advanced that console was for its time, and some of the creative things that people could do with it. Kabuki Den looks like a lot of fun.

I also played a bit of Cosmic Fantasy 1 and both parts of 4. Cosmic Fantasy 4-Chapter 2 is a pretty impressive RPG for the time. Some of Sakuraba's early music is really good on it.

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast