Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite controller(s)... EVER ?

Lightbulb What's your favorite controller(s)... EVER ?

For me, it's a tie between the Super Nintendo and the Playstation dual shock (with analog nubs).

Yours?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Pretty tough.

Probably the Wavebird. Not the regular Gamecube controller. Must be the Wavebird. It's big, comfortable, wireless. It was way ahead of its time. SNES controller might be a close second. I still have my original two from >20 years ago.

But I can use just about any controller. I like the NES / PCE and XBox 360 controllers. I even like the Dreamcast controller, for what it's worth. Nintendo controllers always have the best D-Pads. The NeoGeo Pocket's stick tops it though because it's really precise and it's so easy to pull off 8-way moves.

All of the Playstation controllers are very good, but I don't generally like them as much as most people do. They are very high quality and very precise, but I think that they are still small and awkward. It looks like they corrected a lot of the long-time problems with the creation of the PS4 version, which looks like it could be one of the best controllers ever.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Barring keyboard and mouse or specialized controllers, DC and Saturn, followed by 360 (pad sucks but the rest of the controller is solid).

Playstation Dual Shock controllers. For controllers without analog sticks though it would be the Super8 pad for saturn (picture included because most people probably used the official pads):

Dreamcast (minus the lack of a 2nd analog) and Neo-Geo Pocket (D-Pad wise) were also great.
    Last edited by Fabrizo1; 03-17-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    Playstation Dual Shock controllers. For controllers without analog sticks though it would be the Super8 pad for saturn (picture included because most people probably used the official pads):

Dreamcast (minus the lack of a 2nd analog) and Neo-Geo Pocket (D-Pad wise) were also great.
    I have one of these things somewhere and agree that it's a really nice third-party Saturn controller. One of the better controllers for the system.

Dreamcast controller's biggest problem was the single analog. Hard to tell why they decided to do that.

While we're on the subject of controllers, does anyone have any odd or unique third party controllers?

Anyone ever try the ASCII Grip? I have the PS1 version.

They marketed it as a controller for RPG games. They made it for the SNES, Saturn, and other consoles. A Grip V2 was released but it is hard to find.

My favorite controller is Playstation's. I've always liked it more than any other since I first used one.

The Saturn controller, best 2D controller ever :P the PCE controller is pretty cool too. Just about any PS controller works best as an overall controller and the PS Vita has the best handheld controller configuration IMO. I'm fond of the DC controller, but I recognize it's not the best, it's just quirky fun.

Oh god, the worst controllers IMO would have to be between the Dreamcast and Nintendo 64. I hated those layouts. There are third party controllers (at least on the N64) that have a more traditional "flat pad" layout, which makes certain games easier to play. I think it's called the Super Pad 64.

The wii-mote! troll.gif

I don't know that I have a favourite. I definitely have ones I dislike (NES, N64, Wii, Oldbox) but other than those most controllers to me are decent. I don't really differentiate between Dualshock and Dualshock 2 but both are fine controllers. Other ones that are pretty comfortable are Gamecube, Dreamcast and Saturn.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast