Thread: Game Request: Ore Ni Hatarakette Iwaretemo Otsu

Game Request: Ore Ni Hatarakette Iwaretemo Otsu

Almost all borrowed from my PSP Game Request Compilation post:

OK, found a new RPG for the PSP that was actually released in Japan on April 24, through a Facebook update by Operation Rainfall. I have a link to the Siliconera site discussing the game and a Youtube video showing gameplay of the title. There have been no plans for a localization of the title, so I am just throwing this one out here. It looks pretty interesting, and the concept seems novel enough to make it stand out.

Siliconera link: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/02...o-do-the-work/

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPS7uuGKvyU

I just wish I knew what was going on in the Youtube link.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

I was thinking about suggesting this game as well, the concept of the game seems cool.

The Siliconera video is misleading because it doesn't actually show gameplay. This is more like a management simulator applied to RPGs and is pretty boring and unimpressive in play - lots of windows and stats but not a whole lot of actual stuff I want in an RPG to keep me interested. The youtube link is a better representation of what the game is.

When you have stuff like Valkyria, Last Ranker, God Eater 2, Suikoden I&II, and others to fight for on the PSP and limited time that means every choice must count, this one falls to a very low spot on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The Siliconera video is misleading because it doesn't actually show gameplay. This is more like a management simulator applied to RPGs and is pretty boring and unimpressive in play - lots of windows and stats but not a whole lot of actual stuff I want in an RPG to keep me interested. The youtube link is a better representation of what the game is.

When you have stuff like Valkyria, Last Ranker, God Eater 2, Suikoden I&II, and others to fight for on the PSP and limited time that means every choice must count, this one falls to a very low spot on the list.
    Tanks for clearing some mist on this game, even though the concept seemed interesting there's very little info on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post

Thank you for responding to this. Yeah, compared to those other games it does rank very, very low, so I will nod in agreement. I usually cotton more towards traditional RPG games than management simulation games anyways, so I appreciate your priorities.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

The premise for the game does sound quite amusing. Even if the main thing it ultimately does is just change the motivation for why the "party" is formed. I'd also wonder if perhaps the game would eventually have a plot point where the lead actually does have to do something himself. Note, I'm focusing on mainly the premise here, game play and such is a different story. Can't really judge that.