Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your drink of choice?

Question, does drinking tea and loving RPGs/Japanese games go hand in hand? I'm starting to see a pattern here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Question, does drinking tea and loving RPGs/Japanese games go hand in hand? I'm starting to see a pattern here lol
    If it does go hand in hand, I am an anomaly. Even just the smell of tea in most cases makes me wretch. Though to be fair, when I am under the weather, a nice honey lemon tea is amazing.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

At home, it's normally skim milk. Between my wife and I we go through about 2-3 gallons a week.

Dining out, normally water or unsweetened tea. Thai Iced and milk tea are both delicious but I can't have them all the time since they're just loaded with sugar.

On the alcohol end, I normally like a martini with gin and french vermouth. I'll also take a neat whisky if the brand is decent, if I'm going cheap it would be a whisky sour.

I can't drink that much milk. I'm not lactose intolerant but my body does not like too much milk.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Milk is amazing, there was a time in my life where I drank about 3/4 of a gallon a day. When I was a kid, my dad wouldn't let us drink milk between meals, only water. When I left for college, and could drink all the milk I wanted because of my meal plan, I drank a lot. I even challenged my bro to a gallon challenge. About 2/3's to 3/4 of the way through, he lost it. I wasn't doing great before that; and when I heard/saw him lose it, all 2/3's of that gallon came out in under 2 seconds. I didn't drink any milk for almost a month after that, and cut my consumption down after that. In spite of this, chocolate milk is still my favorite drink, and regular milk a close 2nd.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    I can't drink that much milk. I'm not lactose intolerant but my body does not like too much milk.
    It's been scientifically proven that adult humans are not geared to metabolize whole milk, and that it's an ancient genetic mutation that stems from people of certain European descent. That, and milk's sole purpose is to make babies grow quickly, and no other mammals drink another animal's milk.

To each his own though. Nothing wrong with it.

Edit (Info) - http://www.nature.com/news/archaeolo...lution-1.13471
    Last edited by zborgerd; 03-20-2014 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Informative Link.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    It's been scientifically proven that adult humans are not geared to metabolize whole milk, and that it's an ancient genetic mutation that stems from people of certain European descent. That, and milk's sole purpose is to make babies grow quickly, and no other mammals drink another animal's milk.

To each his own though. Nothing wrong with it.

Edit (Info) - http://www.nature.com/news/archaeolo...lution-1.13471
    Very cool article!

I like milk and tea, but I hate it combined. To me they are two completely contrasting drinks, and especially when tapioca balls are added I get dull eyes of unhappiness.

@Z, milk is also found in a sizable amount of dishes. I mean its all but required in many forms of baking, plus anything with cheese has by definition milk.
    Last edited by KrownKlown; 03-20-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    and no other mammals drink another animal's milk.
    The cats who used to live across the street would've laughed at that. When a dog had a litter of puppies over there, she'd let the kittens feed, too. After maturing quite a bit they'd still be interested in feeding while she was still able to give milk.

There was also a young goat who fed off a cow in a nearby pasture. It was kinda adorable; even after it had gotten mature it would lay it's head over the cow's neck/back when they would rest under the trees, and it would tag along with the baby cow the mother actually had.

That's not really uncommon, though. Many orphaned animals who show up, are put with a very motherly-to-anything animal.

To get back on topic, coffee. Dr. Pepper, Fuze iced tea, orange Crush, or cocoa on occasion, but I mostly just stick with a hot cup of coffee.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by VychoVor View Post
    The cats who used to live across the street would've laughed at that. When a dog had a litter of puppies over there, she'd let the kittens feed, too. After maturing quite a bit they'd still be interested in feeding while she was still able to give milk.
    I'm just speaking generally. Under normal circumstances, wild dogs and cats would kill each other. Yeah, other domesticated animals do this but it's not common.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast