Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is your drink of choice?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    I like milk and tea, but I hate it combined. To me they are two completely contrasting drinks, and especially when tapioca balls are added I get dull eyes of unhappiness.

@Z, milk is also found in a sizable amount of dishes. I mean its all but required in many forms of baking, plus anything with cheese has by definition milk.
    Culturing cheese or yogurt removes a lot of the lactose, and yogurt containing lactobacillus acidophilus can often be digested by people who are generally considered lactose intolerant. So it may be one thing to drink milk, but it's likely that humanity learned to culture it in order to use it as a food source alternative when they couldn't drink whole milk.

You can make a lot of stuff with alternatives to milk. For instance, my wife makes an Indian korma that calls for cream, but sometimes she uses coconut milk instead. Almond milk is also a good alternative for a lot of things. We honestly don't use milk for a whole lot (my son likes chocolate milk), but we generally eat less meat and dairy than most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    I can't drink that much milk. I'm not lactose intolerant but my body does not like too much milk.
    I got the same issue too :/. In my case when I'm gonna eat something that requires milk (serial) or I'm gonna cook/bake something that requires milk I use Almond milk. Tastes great and it's a perfect substitute :P

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    It's been scientifically proven that adult humans are not geared to metabolize whole milk, and that it's an ancient genetic mutation that stems from people of certain European descent. That, and milk's sole purpose is to make babies grow quickly, and no other mammals drink another animal's milk.

To each his own though. Nothing wrong with it.

Edit (Info) - http://www.nature.com/news/archaeolo...lution-1.13471
    Ohh, cool stuff man :P

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    Melon cream soda is my favorite, but I can't get it often. I also get bubble tea whenever I get a chance, which is much more often than melon cream soda.

Otherwise I mostly drink water and green tea.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 03-23-2014 at 04:23 AM.

I guess us European folk really must be descended from Ancient Aliens. We have hair that ranges from black to blonde to red, light colored eyes, we tended to be extremely pale (despite many groups living at similar latitudes being of a darker tone) and we drink tasty milk.

But in all seriousness, you cannot compare people to the rest of the animal kingdom we just have too many factors like speech, culture, etc. that remove us from comparisons with our closest relatives.

Who here likes Vegetable juice? I like that, but in very limited antiquates, and many as an excuse to get some greens in my diet.

I guess us European folk really must be descended from Ancient Aliens. We have hair that ranges from black to blonde to red, light colored eyes, we tended to be extremely pale (despite many groups living at similar latitudes being of a darker tone) and we drink tasty milk.

But in all seriousness, you cannot compare people to the rest of the animal kingdom we just have too many factors like speech, culture, etc. that remove us from comparisons with our closest relatives.

Who here likes Vegetable juice? I like that, but in very limited antiquates, and many as an excuse to get some greens in my diet.
    I've never seen or tasted Vegetable Juice lol I only know that it exists thanks to the Miku song and I've heard of tomato juice. Does it taste good? What's it like? :P

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I hate vegetable juice, bleeeeeeeeeeeggggggggggggggh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I hate vegetable juice, bleeeeeeeeeeeggggggggggggggh.
    Is vegetable juice V8?
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Is vegetable juice V8?
    That's one brand.

Yea I drink V8. Honestly the best description I can give you guys is a watery version of pasta sauce. Its not as thick, nor anywhere as rich as pasta sauce, but it almost tastes like it could go on pasta, or maybe its tastes somewhat like tomato soup.

I would not put it in my top 15 or so drinks, but I drink it now and then.

Yea I drink V8. Honestly the best description I can give you guys is a watery version of pasta sauce. Its not as thick, nor anywhere as rich as pasta sauce, but it almost tastes like it could go on pasta, or maybe its tastes somewhat like tomato soup.

I would not put it in my top 15 or so drinks, but I drink it now and then.
    V8? I've had that, but I don't believe I've tasted full vegetable juice, I think I've only drank orange carrot. Thanks for the heads up, it seems like something curious to try out. (I used to have tomato soup every day XP)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast