Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RayStorm (PS1 Working Designs): Did anyone ever win the $10,000 contest?

RayStorm (PS1 Working Designs): Did anyone ever win the $10,000 contest?

I think it was for getting the highest score or something. Just got the game today and was looking over the manual. Did anyone ever win the prize?

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I think it was for getting the highest score or something. Just got the game today and was looking over the manual. Did anyone ever win the prize?

EDIT: Corrected in post 25 below. I was thinking about RayCrisis contest when making the reply below - NOT RayStorm.

That one was a shocker. We only got a few entries and ALL of them arrived after the deadline. Not hours late, but days late, so no prize. Only time that happened with a contest we did.

Wait does that mean if a single person had sent in, they would have automatically won, what were the requirements?

Last edited by storino03; 03-20-2014 at 04:36 AM.

I know there are some hardcore shump people, and hardcore Fighter people, they have hand eye coordination that JRPG, and even FPS people could only dream of. Figured one person would try for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Wait does that mean if a single person had sent in, they would have automatically won, what were the requirements?
    I don't remember the actual requirements offhand, but I think it was simply a "record yourself beginning to end with specific ships and lives and highest score wins."

So yes, if a single person had sent in even a mediocre score and got it to us in time, they would have won.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I miss those old Taito shooters. Would be awesome if Gaijinworks could score a few. Would be an easy localization.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I miss those old Taito shooters. Would be awesome if Gaijinworks could score a few. Would be an easy localization.
    Taito's stuff is sadly owned by Square-Enix now, and they repeatedly have shown no interest in free money when approached. They'd rather let the IP rot than do any work to license it out. Unfortunate doesn't begin to describe the situation.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Taito's stuff is sadly owned by Square-Enix now, and they repeatedly have shown no interest in free money when approached. They'd rather let the IP rot than do any work to license it out. Unfortunate doesn't begin to describe the situation.
    I'm just referring to shooters general. I've given any hope for any Taito stuff, like Darius Burst.

I know that Cave's Ketsui was ported to the PS3 last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX8WELzV_Ys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXTEtM1yVok

Might be hard to do a physical release of that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    they're letting the same thing happen to their own games as well

Eidos has alot of good games that are rotting away too

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast