Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Virtual Boy: Your thoughts?

I've got one I picked up from a guy south of me in Pueblo that came in a Blockbuster case and a couple of games. I played it for awhile, had it gone over by a friend of mine on a forum for repairs and such, and right now it's sitting in the back of they closet in my office. I also picked up a bundle of JP games pretty cheap, but there's not a lot of desire for me to grab one. The homebrew scene from Tusk and company is cool, but the costs are a bit high for the games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    I don't really collect consoles as much as I do games, but there are a couple titles I would not mind owning like the Gundam game. That said I don't want to play the system. It looks terrible.
    There's a VB Gundam game?! 0-0 How the hell did I miss that, I'd like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I've got one I picked up from a guy south of me in Pueblo that came in a Blockbuster case and a couple of games. I played it for awhile, had it gone over by a friend of mine on a forum for repairs and such, and right now it's sitting in the back of they closet in my office. I also picked up a bundle of JP games pretty cheap, but there's not a lot of desire for me to grab one. The homebrew scene from Tusk and company is cool, but the costs are a bit high for the games as well.
    Those Blockbuster cases are pretty coveted by collectors. I dare-say they sell for ~$100, if you don't care about it too much. I agree that the games are too expensive, but since they're re-manufacturing cartridges by hand (buying flash chips, cutting boards, etc.), it's sort of understandable. It's decently specialized hardware to boot AND it requires a donor cartridge since the connectors can't be re-made yet.

Also, Pueblo? Colorado? I live in Longmont, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    There's a VB Gundam game?! 0-0 How the hell did I miss that, I'd like to try it.
    It's one of the better VB games, haha. Check your PMs!

Quote Originally Posted by jrronimo View Post
    Those Blockbuster cases are pretty coveted by collectors. I dare-say they sell for ~$100, if you don't care about it too much. I agree that the games are too expensive, but since they're re-manufacturing cartridges by hand (buying flash chips, cutting boards, etc.), it's sort of understandable. It's decently specialized hardware to boot AND it requires a donor cartridge since the connectors can't be re-made yet.

Also, Pueblo? Colorado? I live in Longmont, hah.
    I'm in the Springs but made the trek to Pueblo for VB since it was a killer price. This was several years ago, but $40 got me the unit with all the hookup in the Blockbuster case, plus Wario Land and Red Alarm. While I was there I also grabbed a non-TMSS Genesis from the guy for $5 as well.

I did and still think the virtual boy was secretly a Spanish invention intended to troll the s**t out of bulls

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Why for the life of me would anyone want to have that in their video game system collection is beyond me.
    It actually has a couple of pretty fun games, and it's extremely unique.

Same reason people want a Vectrex in their collection...

Edit: For the record, I have both a Vectrex and a Vitrual Boy (with BBV hard case)

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalBurrito View Post
    It actually has a couple of pretty fun games, and it's extremely unique.

Same reason people want a Vectrex in their collection...

Edit: For the record, I have both a Vectrex and a Vitrual Boy (with BBV hard case)
    I would love a Vectrex! WAY cooler than the Virtual Boy. Some day...

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I would love a Vectrex! WAY cooler than the Virtual Boy. Some day...
    Me too! It's at my top pre-nes console acquisitions list. I'd love to collect all it's software someday too :P

Ah one can dream :3

My pre-NES system for me was the colecovision. That's where I first saw nintendo and sega as publishers before they went at it in the nes/master era. Loved the games but hated the controllers, although the overlays were nice.

I had no pre-NES console. I started with the NES. Though if you are talking about PCs, then I had an Apple II GS before an NES.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast