Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone played Star Odyssey yet?

Question Anyone played Star Odyssey yet?

I can't find any information online about this game so I figured to post here and see if anyone played it and got past the point where I'm stuck at.
    I've reached as far as planet Vega and got all the 9 crew members into the ship as well as picked up another playable character and based on the story arc, I'm supposed to be able to take off for Radon, but all I'm able to do on the ship once I board it, is to change party characters. If I step on the portal in the ship, I'm told it's not activated. I've talked to all the NPCs several times now and not getting anywhere.
    Can anyone help?

Probably a game-breaking bug you encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Probably a game-breaking bug you encountered.
    I'm hoping that Super Fighter Team when localizing it, had some QA done on the game and that game breaking bugs would be a non-issue at this time. I'd be surprised that by now I'm the only one that has gotten this far in the game, which is really not that far (roughly about 10-15 hrs playtime), so I'm leaning towards something I have to do progress the game, but I'm out currently out of ideas. I did send an e-mail to the president of SFT as I've communicated with him in the past, and if nothing comes up 'til his response, maybe he can provide an answer for me.

Never mind. I got my answer from SFT.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Never mind. I got my answer from SFT.
    What was the issue in the end, was it a bug? I've been keeping an eye on Star Odyssey and the rest of SFT retro games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    What was the issue in the end, was it a bug? I've been keeping an eye on Star Odyssey and the rest of SFT retro games.
    There were two short corridors in this area, each of which had a secret door. One of these secret doors led you to the 2nd character in this small area (planet Vega) you needed for your party. The problem I found with this was (before knowing anything about these secret doors), is that right before I entered the ship which already had the required 9 characters needed for takeoff, I got a message from one of (yet to be revealed characters via telepathy) that there was one character (for the party) I needed to acquire before I could take off. And after that message, there was one character standing next to the ship that I talked to and he joined my party. As a result, I thought this was the character that I needed to be able to take off. And every time after that, when I would approach the ship, I would get the same message about needing to acquire a character before I could take off. So I was thinking that this might have been a small sequential bug that would display the same message after the event took place already (As I've seen something like this earlier in the game, for example where a story sequence would take place after you had entered a basement with an NPC being killed and later on when I would re-enter the same basement, the sequence of the character being killed would play out all over again. This is why I was starting to think this might have been a game breaking bug not allowing me to progress, and if it wasn't for Brandon (president of SFT giving me that hint about the secret doors), I would never have figured this one out on my own.

There were two short corridors in this area, each of which had a secret door. One of these secret doors led you to the 2nd character in this small area (planet Vega) you needed for your party. The problem I found with this was (before knowing anything about these secret doors), is that right before I entered the ship which already had the required 9 characters needed for takeoff, I got a message from one of (yet to be revealed characters via telepathy) that there was one character (for the party) I needed to acquire before I could take off. And after that message, there was one character standing next to the ship that I talked to and he joined my party. As a result, I thought this was the character that I needed to be able to take off. And every time after that, when I would approach the ship, I would get the same message about needing to acquire a character before I could take off. So I was thinking that this might have been a small sequential bug that would display the same message after the event took place already (As I've seen something like this earlier in the game, for example where a story sequence would take place after you had entered a basement with an NPC being killed and later on when I would re-enter the same basement, the sequence of the character being killed would play out all over again. This is why I was starting to think this might have been a game breaking bug not allowing me to progress, and if it wasn't for Brandon (president of SFT giving me that hint about the secret doors), I would never have figured this one out on my own.
    I see, I guess they gotta work a bit on their game design. It still looks like an interesting game though, gotta love si-fi RPGs.

I see, I guess they gotta work a bit on their game design. It still looks like an interesting game though, gotta love si-fi RPGs.
    And if you've played Phantasy Star 2, then you'll feel right at home with this one. I think some of the music in this game is very reminiscent of PS2 as well as the building designs.

They actually only localized this game (and their others), the original game was called Blue Almanac and was a Mega Drive game they actually secured the rights too from the original developers and then went from there.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    They actually only localized this game (and their others), the original game was called Blue Almanac and was a Mega Drive game they actually secured the rights too from the original developers and then went from there.
    I had no idea o-0 I just thought it was a modern GEN game. That's actually pretty cool.

And if you've played Phantasy Star 2, then you'll feel right at home with this one. I think some of the music in this game is very reminiscent of PS2 as well as the building designs.
    Phantasy Star 2 is actually my favorite Retro RPG I've been itching for a good Sci-fi RPG for a while now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast