Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Was there any consideration of a Lunar 3 back in the day?

  1. #51
    My biggest beef with the Eternal Blue remake was how it completely butchered the Master Lunn reveal. I guess they did it that way because they assumed everyone would have already been familiar with the twist but it was just screwy that they didn't even try. Personally, I prefer the remake of the first game but the Sega CD original of Eternal Blue. The original Silver Star, as good as it was for its time, did not age nearly as well and it just doesn't feel as fully realized. Meanwhile, the original Eternal Blue holds up just fine. Aside from the removal of random battles, I don't think the remake really improved on anything. I do think it was really messed up to charge the player to save the game but thankfully those Magic points are usually in good supply but early in the game it's kind of a pain in the ass. And the Lemina bug is just too nifty to give up.

    If the abysmal Dragon Song doesn't count, the thing about a hypothetical Lunar 3 is what else is there to say? I'm not sure I'm a fan of revisiting the world just for its own sake. The two games wrap everything up perfectly. We get closure to both Luna and Ghaleon's stories, a mad god is defeated, and the "blue star" that was somewhat at the heart of both games springs back to life. Do we really need another game?

  2. #52
    Senior Member DeadElf_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    My biggest beef with the Eternal Blue remake was how it completely butchered the Master Lunn reveal. I guess they did it that way because they assumed everyone would have already been familiar with the twist but it was just screwy that they didn't even try. Personally, I prefer the remake of the first game but the Sega CD original of Eternal Blue. The original Silver Star, as good as it was for its time, did not age nearly as well and it just doesn't feel as fully realized. Meanwhile, the original Eternal Blue holds up just fine. Aside from the removal of random battles, I don't think the remake really improved on anything. I do think it was really messed up to charge the player to save the game but thankfully those Magic points are usually in good supply but early in the game it's kind of a pain in the ass. And the Lemina bug is just too nifty to give up.

    If the abysmal Dragon Song doesn't count, the thing about a hypothetical Lunar 3 is what else is there to say? I'm not sure I'm a fan of revisiting the world just for its own sake. The two games wrap everything up perfectly. We get closure to both Luna and Ghaleon's stories, a mad god is defeated, and the "blue star" that was somewhat at the heart of both games springs back to life. Do we really need another game?
    The opening of Ghaleon's story could be interesting - so long as it doesn't get Dragon Songed.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    My biggest beef with the Eternal Blue remake was how it completely butchered the Master Lunn reveal. I guess they did it that way because they assumed everyone would have already been familiar with the twist but it was just screwy that they didn't even try. Personally, I prefer the remake of the first game but the Sega CD original of Eternal Blue. The original Silver Star, as good as it was for its time, did not age nearly as well and it just doesn't feel as fully realized. Meanwhile, the original Eternal Blue holds up just fine. Aside from the removal of random battles, I don't think the remake really improved on anything. I do think it was really messed up to charge the player to save the game but thankfully those Magic points are usually in good supply but early in the game it's kind of a pain in the ass. And the Lemina bug is just too nifty to give up.

    If the abysmal Dragon Song doesn't count, the thing about a hypothetical Lunar 3 is what else is there to say? I'm not sure I'm a fan of revisiting the world just for its own sake. The two games wrap everything up perfectly. We get closure to both Luna and Ghaleon's stories, a mad god is defeated, and the "blue star" that was somewhat at the heart of both games springs back to life. Do we really need another game?
    Crazy Git Corrupts the Blue Sphere or Lucia, pins it on the Surviving Vile Tribe.

    Main Character will be member of the Surviving Vile Tribe, is forced to solve the Mystery as to what the heck happened.

  4. #54
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,220
    When producing a sequel, it doesn't always have to continue from the end of the last games, it could be a game telling the prequel story.

  5. #55
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    the thing about a hypothetical Lunar 3 is what else is there to say? I'm not sure I'm a fan of revisiting the world just for its own sake. The two games wrap everything up perfectly.
    I remember hearing from a reliable source a really long time ago that one of the ideas being kicked around was exploring how the magic items related to the dragon master were lost and/or weakening. The first game had a culture surrounding the dragon master where he had his own set of armor and sword. The second only had bits and pieces remaining, the only real magical dragon items being the crests handed out when you defeat the dragons. That alone could be used to pave way for a sequel. A major theme to the point of jRPG cliché in Lunar is rebirth/resurrection and an evil force that appears every 1000 years. If its ultimate goal is to come back permanently, what other thing could it do but to target and dispose of what keeps defeating it every time?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    The opening of Ghaleon's story could be interesting - so long as it doesn't get Dragon Songed.
    Ghaleon for president 20XX. 2d or not 2d, Shakespeare in the park... until someone brings their crying baby into the park and ruins everything driving him mad and evil

  6. #56
    Senior Member DeadElf_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    138
    Revisiting the story of SS and EB from Ghaleon's end could be another interesting approach.

  7. #57
    Senior Member ninjamitsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    Posts
    345
    I always assumed Lunar 3 would be a prequel about the original Four Heroes. Silver Star Harmony sort of addresses it but no Studio Alex so it doesn't feel all that good...

    Also off model! Off Model was the term I needed to describe the L2EBC cutscenes.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 04-16-2014 at 06:14 AM.

  8. #58
    Senior Member DeadElf_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    138
    What about Magic / Walking School? Where does that fit in?

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    910
    honestly, i'd be ok with a less important story, involving war between the mortals that has nothing to do with the Goddess Althena.

    Maybe a Beastman or Vile Tribe Protagonist.

  10. #60
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjamitsuki View Post
    I always assumed Lunar 3 would be a prequel about the original Four Heroes. Silver Star Harmony sort of addresses it but no Studio Alex so it doesn't feel all that good...

    Also off model! Off Model was the term I needed to describe the L2EBC cutscenes.
    The problem I would have with playing the Four Heroes story is that you already basically know the gist of it from the first game. Plus, the end result of everyone is already pretty much known.

    I like the concept of a story taking place in a different time period, with maybe only a dragon cameo.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •