Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Was there any consideration of a Lunar 3 back in the day?

Your point was right...I really have no idea why I quoted you and said that now. :/
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    throughout the entire game? No poison/electric/lava floor? 0-0 Dragon Song did this????
    Yes >_<. It's like they wanted to make players suffer.

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    They couldn't even think of an original name for the token goddess chick and just called her Lucia again...

They also changed the beastmen into generic catgirls and catguys instead of the iconic Lunar not-quite-anthro-but-not-humans with horns. AND THE DRAGONS. Lunar's mammalian feathred dragons are iconic, and they made them into generic scaley wing-a-ling dragons. And you didn't get a baby dragon sidekick, either.

And the battle system was boring as hell.

And to think I was actually super excited when it was announced...

Better to die a hero than live long enough to become the villain.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 04-08-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjamitsuki View Post
    They couldn't even think of an original name for the token goddess chick and just called her Lucia again...

They also changed the beastmen into generic catgirls and catguys instead of the iconic Lunar not-quite-anthro-but-not-human beastmen...

And the battle system was boring as hell.

And to think I was actually super excited when it was announced...

Better to die a hero than live long enough to become the villain.
    yeah, and they reduced the party size by 2.

what they did to the Beastmen was freaking stupid!

They used to be these Lion Elves with Horn's coming out of their head (Half Beast Men Looking More like Elves than anything.)

Then BAM! Generic Catmen.

Why would you make such a unique race and than ALTER THEM TO MAKE THEM THE SAME AS OTHER SERIES?

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Gypsy you misunderstood. He said the series got worse from 3 on. I pointed out that Extreme is before 3, hence would not count going by his statement. So he is really saying only Grandia 3 is bad, just interpreting his line. I am not calling extreme 3.
    Yup, I was mis-remembering there. I didn't try either of the later games until much later so I had no clue about the release order. Good to know though.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Gypsy you misunderstood. He said the series got worse from 3 on. I pointed out that Extreme is before 3, hence would not count going by his statement. So he is really saying only Grandia 3 is bad, just interpreting his line. I am not calling extreme 3.
    heh, and I'm the idiot who started this whole mess by saying calling Lunar Dragon Song Lunar 3 was like calling Grandia Extreme Grandia 4.

reading all these comments got me reminiscing about the Lunar series though. Maybe Lunar 3 not happening was a good thing. I say so because of Lunar 2. The one on the SCD was amazing. I didn't care for the remake. It felt like the game wasn't finished properly, and some of the story changes bugged me. One of the worst offenders was the bit with Luna telling the heroes that humans literally became evil demons and that's why the blue star was rendered uninhabitable. And that was so important that it was granted its own cut scene.

The other awful recton was Ghaleon. Its been so long since I played the SCD version, but I seem to remember the epilogue hinting at really badly that he really WAS Lucia's dragonmaster all along testing Hiro's worthiness trying to determine whether or not Hiro's love for Lucia was true or 'to blathe'. The whole being the bad guy bit was simply making lemonade out of the lemon life handed him so long ago. And they took that out making him some mopey emo!
    Last edited by sweetsweetfugu; 04-07-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    The other awful recton was Ghaleon. Its been so long since I played the SCD version, but I seem to remember the epilogue hinting at really badly that he really WAS Lucia's dragonmaster all along testing Hiro's worthiness trying to determine whether or not Hiro's love for Lucia was true or 'to blathe'. The whole being the bad guy bit was simply making lemonade out of the lemon life handed him so long ago. And they took that out making him some mopey emo!

All this talk makes me want to play through the SCD versions.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I didn't have a Sega CD so I never got to play the originals until recently. From my observations, The Silver Star and Silver Star Story are different and high quality enough that its simply a matter of preference, whereas with Eternal Blue it's Sega CD or bust for a lot of people.

Eternal Blue Complete was far from "Complete". The music was awfully compressed, scenes were removed and added (most of the added ones were pointless, like a fanservicey bath scene...), and the animation... The Sega CD animation was fluid and gorgeous looking for its time, Eternal Blue Complete had a lot of conspicuous cgi and sometimes the characters had really wide gaps between their eyes making them look like geckos. Jean and Lucia had the gecko eye syndrome the worst. It varies from scene to scene, some look better on Sega CD and others look better in the remake. Another thing the remake has going is Hiro's English Voice... Sega CD one is really annoying. And I prefer Jenny Stigile's rendition of the songs better. Also another thing is the dialog too, and that goes down to preference I guess. The Sega CD had a lot of immersion breaking pop culture references (like the infamous Clinton joke) while the Playstation version didn't, and that's a matter of preference.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 04-08-2014 at 05:02 AM.

I wouldn't call the Sega CD animation fluid. Yes, maybe for the system and the time period it was released, it was amazing. But in comparison to the PS1 version, there is no comparison.

For its time period is what I meant in the first place. It looks dated by today's standards obviously, but some parts like the way Lucia's hair moves still looks gorgeous. And no lizard eyes and awkward cgi... Yeah I guess I'm just nitpicking.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 04-08-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast