Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conception II: Vita or 3DS? Which are you getting?

Conception II: Vita or 3DS? Which are you getting?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=conception+2

Both are $39.99 and come with an outer box and then a soundtrack CD inside. I'm leaning towards the 3DS version because that's the system I have and all.

I don't have either Vita or 3DS, but given a choice between the two, I have a Vita version pre-order on Amazon.

I have both systems but I'm going for the Vita version, I've heard it's the better version and I'd rather play the game at a higher res.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I finished the demo last night.

Vita may be the superior version but the game seems to be quite good on the 3DS. I had no complaints with the quality of the graphics on the 3DS. When you see it on a PC video in full-screen, it's quite different than seeing it on a small screen. When the game models and graphics are identical, I'm not really sure that the added pixels of the tiny screen makes much of a difference. I've compared YouTube playthroughs on the Vita and it looks virtually identical to what I played on the 3DS. There is also the benefit of the second screen on the 3DS which is used for stats and other indicators. You can also use it toggle between information screens when you are talking to people.

Since I have a 3DS already, I'll probably get that version when the price drops a bit. If I have a Vita by that time, I may opt for the Vita version instead.

I like the game's auto-battle mode. It's got a FF function and it's really fast. It take a lot of monotony out of dungeon crawling. It tries to spam too much magic, but there may be an option to tweak that.

The only complaint I have about the game? It's the main voice actor. The guy sounds like a total dork.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 04-02-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Like tales of symphonia dawn of the new world, '' Emil'' dork or worse? Lol

I canceled my pre-order awhile ago. A LE on two systems? Meh. I'll pick up the standard Vita version after a price drop.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Like tales of symphonia dawn of the new world, '' Emil'' dork or worse? Lol
    I kinda liked Emil though he gets a lot of hate. Emil was supposed to be timid and annoying but was kinda cool when he became Ratatosk. I don't really care for Johnny Young Bosch because it's hard for me to not picture a Power Ranger every time I hear him.

But yeah, I guess it's about the same. This guy's voice has no presence at all and most of his lines consist of just a few irritating words. I think he's worse than Emil, even though he says far less.

I would go for the Vita version mainly since it'll have TV support (hopefully) in the future in the form of the Vita TV. Also, bigger box means nicer looking goodies maybe?

It's just a slip box and a soundtrack sampler for both iirc.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Vita.

Its the typical atlus fare, surprised there is not artbook, but hey what can you do.

That said you can usually snag these atlus sets at gamestop for 10-20 off if you wait long enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast